Sign in to follow this  

2006 running like crap!, please help

I have a 2006 crf250r that I bought used, and used well because it is in ruff shape. The oil in the engine was the color of black ink (so it hadn't been changed in awhile), and the transmission had a purple fluid in it which I'm assuming they had put royal purple in it lol. So as you can tell the bike wasn't taken care of by the previous owner. My questions is the bike has a inconsistent idle, and its almost likes it has two personalities. When I get it to run good and let sit over night it runs horrible the next morning, wont idle, back fires, the rev will hang. I have taken the carb apart, I have an adjustable fuel screw in it, changed the spark plug, and I have emptied 2 can of carb cleaner in it. It has a 42 pilot in it. I am completely stumped on weather I should get another carb off of ebay that is in good working order, or do you think the valve are out of whack, and the head needs to be rebuilt?

change the oils , clean the airfilter, check the valve specs, and make sure that the jets are clear in the carb.. and no i would not buy a new carb

Did you spray the carb cleaner in through the back of the carb through the air boot? It sounds like a dirty carb.