Sign in to follow this  

YZ to YZF

What do you guys think of this "deal"?

Not starting a 2/4 stroke debate, just if the cost seems right to you

A dealer quoted me a 2010 YZ250F (new leftover) for $1000 OTD after trade in of my 2010 YZ 250, 40 hours. Tip top condition, never raced, slow vet practice.

(roughly giving me $3500 for the smoker)

I think it's not bad but still too high.

Any thoughts??

A dealer quoted me a 2010 YZ250F (new leftover) for $1000 OTD after trade in of my 2010 YZ 250, 40 hours. Tip top condition, never raced, slow vet practice.

Any thoughts??

Thats pretty high, I wouldnt do it. But if you really want a 4 stroke, and the convenience of right then and there, then you could go for it....but if you arent in a rush, You could get a better deal on that your bike.

that is a terrible deal for that new and fresh of a bike. I bet You could tell the guy it has 10 hours on it and he would have believed you. And I can't see any advantages to owning the 4 stroke other than the fact that it might be easier to ride (because its a slow turd). your yz would be justas smooth if you shifted a gear higher.. and wouldnt cost $5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 when it grenades and the 2 stroke has a much better resale value

Ripoff. 2011 YZ250F demo's are going for $4K here now. Your YZ250 2010 is worth at least that much. I made similar switch but now back on 250 two stroke. Way more available torque than 250F. Perfect power output for aggressive trail rides. 450F (mx based) is too much IMO.

Man I wished I lived in the states! $4500 for a new 2010 YZF!? That's insane. How about I wire you 5k, you buy the bike for $4500 and I will pay you $500 to dismantle it and send it to me in a few boxes, deal?

Oh, and that's a crappy deal! You 250 2t is far superior to the 250 4t and you would miss you 2t.

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

Any thoughts??

Keep your yz, ride the piss out of it but do regular maintenance, sell it in a couple years, then you can go buy two 2010 yzfs, resale value will be much better

Also if you like power, try the 450f

Edited by bdeemo

Keep your yz, ride the piss out of it but do regular maintenance, sell it in a couple years, then you can go buy two 2010 yzfs, resale value will be much better

Also if you like power, try the 450f

I think I'm going to keep the YZ anyway as all dealers I contacted don;t even follow up with you after their quote.

Last one was supposed to quote 250 AND 450F but it came down to we want to sell you the 250, you won;t get a better deal, bal,bla,bla

I am now convinced that only way to get a new bike is to loose a lot on whatever you have. 2 or 4 stroke doesn't make any difference.

I've been looking at e bay for example and couldn't believe the price of the few bikes that are getting sold.

and so many with the bids ending at very low prices, ending not being sold

I like my YZ but the thumper smooth power delivery is very tempting.

Since I didn't win the lottery, I am going to keep the smoker

At the end of the day, I'm still very happy that at least I have a bike and that I can go ride pretty much anytime

^ Just pickup a low hour (less than 200) used YZ250F. If you know how to look over a bike they're out there and reliable. I got my old one with 69 hours and then sold it just under the 200 hour mark. Never once a problem. :bonk:

This way you'll have both coz sometimes you feel like a nut. :smirk: