Sign in to follow this  

Cr-80 wheels on a 2004 crf-80

Hello everyone I just bought a 04 crf-80 for my son but he likes black excel wheels I wanted to know if anybody would be able to tell me if I would be able to run The cr-80 wheels with the stock swing arm and forks or what I would have to modify to make this work any little bit of info would help thanks guys

Hello everyone I just bought a 04 crf-80 for my son but he likes black excel wheels I wanted to know if anybody would be able to tell me if I would be able to run The cr-80 wheels with the stock swing arm and forks or what I would have to modify to make this work any little bit of info would help thanks guys

I don't believe Excel has a readily available rims for the stock XR/CRF early CR80R hub in the standard 14"/17" sizes (odd # spoke count compared to modern CR80/85R) - but I could very likely be wrong. I have searched and can't find anything.

If aluminum rims are a must; 1982-1984 Honda CR80R (14"/17") wheel assemblies are a direct bolt on. 1985 CR80R front wheel will also bolt on, rear will NOT.

If you're only going for the look: A CT90/110 17" steel front wheel is a direct bolt on as well. Get a set of CT90/110 spokes, disassemble your front wheel and have the CT90/110 rim powdercoated along with your stock CRF rear wheel. Lace 'em up, lower the triple clamps a 1/2" and ride.