Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Enduro seat bounce?

Can the Z be bunny hop'ed like this?

Next time I'm out I want to give it a go, and should be able to do it on the flat first shouldn't I (before I try it over a gully)?

I'm thinking you start with a burst of throttle, like lifting the front over a hole but with the rear loaded and bum on seat.

Then leap up almost off the pegs and at the same time back off the throttle as that should help to trade front wheel height for rear wheel lift.

What's the chances that'll all in tears?

Rich.

yes it can be done.... its combination of skill and machine.. my drz suspension is just about shot now and is need of a tune up with over 9,200 miles on it. ill show you two links of my Z trying to clear some relatively big holes

.... watch from 0:55.. you will see me clear what looks like a small ditch but is actually a 5-6 foot gap and its a very deep creek. I stood up right before and pressed my weight down on the pegs and applied the throttle at the same time while yanking on the bars, all while lifting my weight off the pegs at the exact moment.. I cleared it no problem. My buddies behind us didnt go fast enough and got caught up in the ditch.

arlight second clip. this was when i first got the bike back in 2008.

I was not going fast enough in my opinion and did not preload. I just applied gas. the end result was the rear catching the lip at the end and launching me off my poorly tuned suspesion Z on to the seat with my feet and crashing into the woods.

Edited by ukele6