Sign in to follow this  

01 yz 125 carb rebuild

If you are to pick from those two kits, I would say the later models, because 2001 was the first year with the bigger 38mm.

I personally am buying the JD Jetting kit for my 01' YZ125.

Also get the power valve spring from the 98 as its softer then the 01's. It wakes it up down lower. I can dig up the part number is needed. It was $3.47.

If you are to pick from those two kits, I would say the later models, because 2001 was the first year with the bigger 38mm.

Also get the power valve spring from the 98 as its softer then the 01's. It wakes it up down lower. I can dig up the part number is needed. It was $3.47.

that would be awesome if you could find the part number. how hard is it to change out?

Have to correct myself. The spring is actually lighter on the 01'. Opens to quick and bogs. The lighter spring is in the 01-03. The heavier better pv spring is in the 00' and 04'.

I just received my yest. The part number is: 90501-30001

You need to remove the right side cover. The spring is in the gov assembly. You can do it with the cylinder on. It will show you in the manual. Not a hard job. Get a new right side case gasket as well.

Have to correct myself. The spring is actually lighter on the 01'. Opens to quick and bogs. The lighter spring is in the 01-03. The heavier better pv spring is in the 00' and 04'.

I just received my yest. The part number is: 90501-30001

You need to remove the right side cover. The spring is in the gov assembly. You can do it with the cylinder on. It will show you in the manual. Not a hard job. Get a new right side case gasket as well.

does it help the bottom end alot?

I will let you know. The people who have tried it did notice it snappier on bottom. Do you get the slight bog off the very bottom?

I never really thought much about it but now that im thinking about it yeah it is just a bit boggy.

I never really thought much about it but now that im thinking about it yeah it is just a bit boggy.

Well that is suppose to be just dust in the wind after this mod :smirk:

I forgot about the cover gasket! Luckily the dealer has it in stock.

yay for stocked up dealers haha. what part of california are you from?

San Diego

You?

Going to Pala tomorrow am

Edited by blueripps

im up in santa clarita. I'm not going anywhere to ride today :bonk:

Will be at Pala this weekend if you want to hit it up.

did the 02-04 rebuild kit work in your 2001 and how did the power valve spring work out