Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Better MX track to watch

I am looking to go to one the following tracks this year for the Lucas AMA pro racing.

Mt. Morris on June 9, Red Bud July 7 or Steel City Sept 1. Which one has better pits, track side watching and overall fun for the family?

Edited by weantright

I cannot report that I have seen all of the tracks, but I have been to 4 events and without a doubt, High Point Raceway is the best for spectating. I regularly attend Red Bud MX, which is great, but the track at Mt. Morris sits mostly in a beautiful valley and you can see most of the racing from many different vantage points.

I've never done Steel City but have been to High Point over the years several times. Great venue and you can walk around a big portion of the track. You'll have a ball. Morgantown is a cool place to stay also, I'm a little biased having grown up there, its actually a much nicer place now than when I lived there. If you do High Point make sure and go to Morgantown Honda (maybe its Motosports now), they have a bunch of bikes (KTM too!) and a lot going on that race weekend.

I've been to Red Bud, High Point and Steel City. They all have pluses and minuses. For view of the track, Steel City hands down. You can see the entire track from nearly everywhere. However, the pit section kinda sucks. High Point is a little more exciting to watch, but you can't see the whole track from really anywhere, and the pits are pretty good. Red Bud for me has the best combo of everything, but if I was choosing between Steel City and High Point with my family, I'd go with Steel City. Either way, if you get good weather both venues will be fun.

Which track is the most challenging? Both tracks are close and would most likely drive home. I added Red Bud as I belive I will be able to make that one also.

Edited by weantright

Red Bud is on my list, we have family up there to stay with also. May try to go this summer.....

I go to High Point every year, in my opinion its way better then steel city. I've never been to Red Bud I just heard its hard to see alot of the track rather thats true or not I dont know. But out of Steel city and High Point, High Point is hands down better, the viewing is better, the pits are better, the walking is a hell of a lot shorter, you can get from one side of HP to the other in 5 minutes where Steel City is the better part of a moto or more. Plus the racing is alot better IMO at HP because its the beginning of the season where Steel City is at the end and everyone has kinda settled in. There has been good racing at SC in the past when championships have been close between riders. Thats my thoughts.

You can see about 1/4 of the track at Red Bud unless you sit right in the middle then you can see 1/3....LOL

There are just to many elevation changes to see everything. But the racing is always good and walking around the track is half the fun