Sign in to follow this  

look what i bought for my CR250!

This is what i bought today...... still waiting for the S4 nozzle to come.

100_5182.jpg

100_5183.jpg

HGS system

100_5118.jpg

100_5115.jpg

100_5168.jpg

100_5149.jpg

100_5147.jpg

100_5143.jpg

100_5138.jpg

100_5123.jpg

¨More pix coming soon. no time to mount tonight. im going to club and party.

I've never heard of the HGS pipe. So you got that, fork decals, kill switch, some OEM parts, and is that a chain?

Me too? I have been into bikes since the early eighties, but I aint done ever heard of no HGS... ??? Must be a new company?

I see Ohlins stickers...did you buy the rear shock? Awesome if you did, that's about all I could do to mine that has not been done...

No this was not my bike`s birthday. i was just gettin bored and had money thats all. : :smirk:

HGS pipe has been around a long time now like one said here already. some say it boost mids and highs, some say all the way from bottom/up. anyways, they are used by kawasaki/british GP teams.

yes thats an x-ring chain but im taking that thing back coz the master link is/will be rubbing the case. the rest of the links wount but still pretty close and i aint takin chances.

whats the best most reliable of these chains (mind you that only these chains as they are the ones available in the shop):

CZ 520H NON-oring chain 118 links

CZ 520 o-ring Enduro 118 links

D.I.D ERT2 NON-oring chain

Edited by hardhitwarrior

DID 520VT2 Narrow X-Ring Chain won't come any where near your case. if you decide you would rather have a sealed chain, that's the way to go, it's about as narrow as the stock chain and this is a strong chain. Everybody only has positive things to say about the DID 520VT2 from what I've seen. If you ride in sand or mud get a sealed chain, if you ride mostly grassy fields or trails then you will be ok with a standard chain.

Edited by Atieri

thanks for the chain advice shrub and atieri but i went with the ERT2 this time as i want to feel the non-oring.

while im waiting for the chain, still waiting for the S4 that iv ordered, i did lube and cleaned the front and rear axle part and the whole brake calippers. i also installed the kill switch the ghetto style. PO cut it because he thought it wasnt working.

i did manage to take pictures of the fork decals and i need help deciding which of these two iv bought fits for this paricular bike setup.

Öhlins:

100_5211.jpg

100_5210.jpg

Showa:

100_5209.jpg

100_5208.jpg

no they are not ohlins but i bought them too give a different look to it. but i went with the showa decals anyway.

now im wating for the S4 and chains.........

Yea showa looks better, plus you don't have ohlins forks...The bike needs a little cleaning up though! What jetting changes did you need to make with the HGS pipe?

Edited by BlackCR25098

i dont know yet.

im going with:

MJ: 420

PJ: 32.5

stock needle at 2nd

and the S4

im even planning on getting an HGS silencer for the full package but ill set on these for awhile.

oh well, i guess my small budget will not be so small like iv planned.

hows your 98 anyway? any updates?