84 XT600 Crb

Man its giving me fits, Had it apart 4 times already. Has anyone tried the cr special carbs from sudco?

Any other alternatives?

The power is definitely soft on the bike and I can't get rid of the popping on decel. I have replaced all I can including the coasting over run diaphragm and plunger (I thought that would take care of the popping but it didn't) Replaced exhaust crush washers and it doesn't appear to be running lean although I can't seem to find man jets anyway for the stock carb setup.

When I try to sync the carbs as per the manual I get the slide on the primary carb raised .200 the then adjust so the lever is starting to make contact with the secondary carb lever (per the manual) When it is adjusted like the the butterfly on the secondary carb goes way past horizontal. It is supposed to be horizontal (per the manual) to get it horizontal the other adjustment obviously goes out the window. Its driving me nuts. Any opinions from someone with experience with this carb setup?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Edited by fourperf

Hi mark,

I'm fighting with these carbs on my 84 TT600. I got a jetting kit out of Arizona on ebay. Seems okay, it is a bit of a 'manual' setup kit with drill bits, jets and some paperwork, but if your handy its good.

As for the sync adjustment- setup like the manual says and go for a ride, stop, adjust, ride, stop, adjust, repeat. This can be a PITA as the screw is hard to get to. I'm currently making a modified adjustment screw (M5x0.5 - ISO screw, pretty hard to find) so I can turn it by hand with the tank on (but tilted up). Then I will lock it down once its dialed in. This is the only wany to do it and its SUPER SUPER SENSITIVE to the adjustment.

Other options are Kawi 250 ninja carbs or Raptor 660 ATV carbs but these require a full suite of jetting and fitting modifications. I have heard the CR's are easier to jet and fit but are not 100% bolt on (I could be wrong with this)

Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I got that kit too but didn't want to start drilling out jets since they are not easy to find. Great idea on the adjustment screw. I think I will give that a go.

Mark

Did you do the jetting mods on your bike and get it more dialed in as far as jetting?

Do you have the stock exhaust and airbox?

I haven't drilled out the jets yet. I have been leaning out the main first and I think that one is dialed in now (I may have to go up one size still). Now I will dial in the screw then I will play with the secondary. Hopefully it all works out, it have been a long road. My issues are 100% in the 1/2-full throttle range, which is nice.

Stock airbox but aftermarket pipe (wide open!!). I will be changing out the pipe at some point but not until I know I can get the jetting dialed in for this setup. I have a second set of carbs too, so I can always go back