Sign in to follow this  

yz250 help

hi, i need some help with my 250. after renewing my main bearings and crank seals i put the cases back together and found that the crank is stiff and i could bearly turn it. i split the cases a tiny bit and the crank moves good and smooth. it seems like a gasket should be in there but yams dont have centre gaskets?? its a 1995. i swar i remember taking a gasket out when splitting the cases it was like grease proof paper. maby im going insane. the bearings are seated correctly and same for the seals. any ideas??? thanks...

There is not a gasket like you're describing, the case halves are sealed with Yamabond. There maybe alternative sources for a like product, but Yamabond should be available at your Yamaha dealer.

the crank moves free in the left hand case its just when i put the ignition side of the case on its stiff, so i need to push the crank more into the left case??

When you have both case halves assembled, tap each end of the crank with a dead blow hammer to center the crank, it should turn freely then, if not, the main bearings are possibly not fully pressed into the cases. Also, as stated by others, no center gasket.

sorted it. i was tightning the bolts up too much haha. used that black vts sealant for a gasket.