Sign in to follow this  

would this be cool?

I have a cr125 97' im thinking of powder coating the frame red and getting enamel on the engine red(I herd powder coat would fall off from vibration) then gold rims red hubs. I don't know.. just a dream

Gonna totally level with you....I used to race a 96 CR and a 98 CR back around 2000, lol...and I don't see me ever wanting to do this (if i could go back there for a few). I mean to each their own, and if you LOVE the bike enough to put the money into doing that then do it up...dont let me stop you. Just really comes down to do you like the bike enough to keep it once you put the money into it, knowing its already 15yrs old. AND these things will probably not add much value, come re-sell time.

Sell it for what its worth and up date the bike to omething newer liek a ktm! im playing if you dont want to update I wouldnt paint the motor becase of it you get chips or something itll look like crap painting the frame is ok, but the motor I dont know

It's hard to picture, but it sounds like a color nightmare.... :smirk: But that is just me. I prefer the OEM look, especially when it comes to the steel framed CR's.

If you're going to put money in to it, tough to top this look; in my opinion anyway...

CR_125_RV_97_1.jpg

Edited by KcDavis

That (above) is a great post.

I'm 47 years old and have a 1991 KX250.

I could buy a '07 CR450 for $2700...thought about it and tempted.

But, better idea is spend 1/2 that $2700 building a good track around our five acres and get a ton more seat time.

It's not like the old 91 KX is the limiting factor in my riding....it's me and my ability to hang on to the thing!

Been doing push ups, pull ups and sit ups all winter. I will be a ton more ready come spring.

Coo