Who all has a street legal wr?

Hmmm? Mine's an 08' all I found in the Owner's Service Manual is "trip odometers". I guess I will have to look it over better.. Can anybody else confirm the 08' has an odometer? The unit is the small LCD one with only 2 buttons plus a reset button.

I believe the aluminum framed bikes in everywhere but the US actually have an odometer. We don't get the goods here in the US only two trip meters. I just use hash marks as to how many times I circle the 999 mark. :thumbsup:

I believe the aluminum framed bikes in everywhere but the US actually have an odometer. We don't get the goods here in the US only two trip meters. I just use hash marks as to how many times I circle the 999 mark. :thumbsup:

My 06 in Canada has trip timers and odometers that go up to 99999 !

I have a street plated 08 WR450F in Ontario to get me from one trail to the next.

The inspector passed my bike today. :thumbsup:

He was okay without an odometer, missing front brakelight sensor, and didn't notice my non-DOT tires. I'll pick up the plate tomorrow!

I had a plated YZ400 for a couple years and loved it. Sold it and kept the more street worth DRZ. I got tired of the weight, so I sold it and picked up a plated 00 WR400f! I am glad to be back on a real dirt bike, but have a few things to sort. I have to do the title transfer and registration and that always makes me nervous, then I need to get the carb sorted. The previous owner had really ridden it much in 2 years and it was not that easy to start. Once dialed in (if it is anything like my YZ was) it will be a joy!

03 wr450 stock form and I ride 80% street. Cruising speed at 60/65mph.

30sfuit.jpg

Yea but they make you use it on the wrong side of the road.

Are there many bikes like the WR used on the roads where you live?

Without exaggeration, 80% or more bikes I see on the roads here in New Jersey are Harleys. I dont care for them, but people really seem to like those things. Very few single cylinder bikes. Most singles are DRZ then XR650 and KLR

There seem to be alot of dirt style bikes, mainly DRZ's, XT's, TTR's and some older XR's. etc. You need a plated bike to go into state forests, public roads and national parks. Every state in australia (I'm in New South Wales) has there own funny rules. In Queensland they have single seat rego, in victoria the have recreactional (sp) rego.

Cops don't like wr450 for some reason, I was doing the speed limit yet again and one decides to pull a u turn in an intersection just to follow me around for a bit...

They do the same to my KLR, and even my GF's GSXR, just because it has "aftermarket" graphics :lame:

Out of curiosity, what registry did you get the plate from, and what company insures it? I had to hunt for anyone that would put insurance on the KLR. I told the lady "you try to ride this thing off road, and then tell me it's a competition motorcycle :p " now I pay $370 a year :(

Insured and registered at AMA , insurance though Nordic in the same building . I sold that bike though and my 09 wr450 isn't street legal

I finally got my title sorted out. My bike (2003) had never been titled and even though the owner had his Cert of orgin (and signed power of attorney over to me), sales recipt, and lien release from the bank I couldn't get anywhere with the BMV (Nora branch in Indianapolis, Indiana). Just lots of runaround and nothing was good enough for them, three or four times there was enough soooo...

I finally got some good advice from the Millersville rd branch asst manager and over at advrider.com, I was able to get mine done using a "affidavit of ownership packet"

avaiable on the Indiana BMV's website. I simply filled out all the forms provided and got a police VIN check done at the local police station (part of the packet).

They never questioned any of the road legal aspects of my bike, I do have headlight, tail/brakelight, horn and a mirror as I use it for dual sport rides. As far as they are aware its just a vehicle with a missing title.

I wish that the BMV would have just recommended this route in the beginning as I wasted a lot of time and energy trying to use the Cert of orgin, plus the cert said a/t in the vehicle description so they would only have given me a off road title anyways, then I would have to do the whole change of body step..

By starting out with the application I was able to get an MC title first time! Woot!!! :cheers:

On the same note I had no trouble getting insurace through Progressive online, I simply typed in the VIN code and chose my coverage. Geico was also easy but slightly more expensive, and my local agent was crazy high (300 plus) .

It's less than 100 dollars a year for full coverage as required to recieve a plate here in Indiana. Thanks Flo!! :worthy:

I have both my 06 and 09 WR insured for $99 through Progressive.

Finally got mine insured and registered for street use, they didn't even ask to see the bike or anything :bonk:

yea, that's cuz you don't live in California. Congrats on the plate, I had a plated 05 in Cali and had to dump due to finacial diffculties.

yea, that's cuz you don't live in California. Congrats on the plate, I had a plated 05 in Cali and had to dump due to finacial diffculties.

Sold it and got a 2009. It's not worth having it on street unless you want to rebuild every year

'98 plated WR400 in CA. Made my own DS kit and put a battery in it. Had Ricky Stator beef my stator to 130 watts and it lights up dual headlights real bright.

Hey guys, new to the forum and thought that I'd add my bike to the list. Picked up an '05 wr 450,

which had already been plated, about 2 months ago and have been fixing a few minor problems

that the previous owner had neglected. I've moved over from crotch rockets and picked up a

ttr 50 for my oldest son. I spend 99 % of the time on the dirt which is hard with the street tires

that are currently installed. My son has already gotten so fast on the ttr that i'm gonna have to

get some tires so that i can turn up the wick on this thing! Man do i love this bike! as soon as

i can figure out how to post a picture i'll show her off. I'm gonna dual sport/ adventure her but

only use her for commuting occasionally, i've got 20 acreas of woods that she is currently

streatching her legs on. Wooo Hoo!

Just snagged an 05 that was plated. I added the tusk lights and baja designs pass. pegs and have been crusing around with my full-on dirt bike...I mean my full-on street legal dirt bike. She is alot of bike to road ride...wow I may go back to stock exhaust since the FMF is just so loud. Any thoughts?

Just snagged an 05 that was plated. I added the tusk lights and baja designs pass. pegs and have been crusing around with my full-on dirt bike...I mean my full-on street legal dirt bike. She is alot of bike to road ride...wow I may go back to stock exhaust since the FMF is just so loud. Any thoughts?

I prefer a quiet bike. It's hard to make a clean get away when the bike's making so much noise!

Hey guys, new to the forum and thought that I'd add my bike to the list. Picked up an '05 wr 450,

which had already been plated, about 2 months ago and have been fixing a few minor problems

that the previous owner had neglected. I've moved over from crotch rockets and picked up a

ttr 50 for my oldest son. I spend 99 % of the time on the dirt which is hard with the street tires

that are currently installed. My son has already gotten so fast on the ttr that i'm gonna have to

get some tires so that i can turn up the wick on this thing! Man do i love this bike! as soon as

i can figure out how to post a picture i'll show her off. I'm gonna dual sport/ adventure her but

only use her for commuting occasionally, i've got 20 acreas of woods that she is currently

streatching her legs on. Wooo Hoo!

Heck, the boy's got a 400 cc "handicap" and you're crying for knobbies!!! :naughty:

I prefer a quiet bike. It's hard to make a clean get away when the bike's making so much noise!

That was my favorite part of having a street leg. Rode through construction sites, bike trails etc and people would try and chase