!st Motocross race soon

Cool! Just make sure you are prepared for the day or the weekend. Bring all the tools and or parts that you can to the track, you never know what might pop up during a race. Make sure you have plenty of food and fluids to keep you going. Get there early for sign up and ask the organizers for some guidance. Make friends with someone that has been racing for a while and learn from them. The most important part is to have fun, I'm nervous every time I line up for a moto so that might never go away. Good luck!

• Like 1

Go out there to have fun, not to win. If you get the win, good job, if not oh well. Make sure you know the track and you have had enough practice on it. Plenty of water and gaterade. Remember to hold your line and you should have a blast

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

dont race just ride in the race...learn starts though. My first race I was only nervous because of the start. I ended up getting the holeshot.

This. Some people are natural starters though. I never practiced starts and I was nervous as hell about it but was in the top three going into the first turn. Never have practiced starts but I'm always at or near the front unless I really botch one. Haven't tried one on my YZ yet though. I have a feeling it will take a lot more finesse than my 144 did.