Sign in to follow this  

whas this a good deal?

i picked up a 2008 kx250f with a title for 1600 bucks. it has a full pro circuit ti4 exhaust system, rekluse clutch cover, pro circuit triple clamps, pro action suspension, braking rotors, brand new plastics and graphics/seat cover, cv4 hoses, steel braided brake lines, works mx skid plate, works connection levers that are adjustable, brand new bearing in swingarm/linkage/front and rear wheels. rads are perfect condition. nothing bent or beat. really nice condition. the motor has been professionally done by one of my very good friends. just wanted to know how good of a deal 1600 dollars was. input please???

Edited by mcclain905

thmike is right. It's all about the motor.

It can have all the nice bling in the world, but if the motor goes, it can quickly turn into a money pit.

With all the extras on it, It's obvious that bike was ridden by a serious/fast rider.

My concern would be the amount of hard hours on the motor and whats been done to it.

It's definitely had some serious time put on it to need all those bearings.

That said, if the motor is solid and good to go, you got a pretty good deal. imo

The bike was never beat on. I've known the guy for years. Changed the oil after every ride. Always kept the bike clean/greased. He just did new bearings just to do it. The old ones didn't move. Me and him get parts at cost bc we work at motorcycle dealerships.

The bike was never beat on. I've known the guy for years. Changed the oil after every ride. Always kept the bike clean/greased. He just did new bearings just to do it. The old ones didn't move. Me and him get parts at cost bc we work at motorcycle dealerships.

If this is the case, then why do you ask us if it was a good deal? You already know it was. Hope you have a lot of fun on it, show us some pics please.

D-K I just wanted to know what everyone thought. I haven't payed much attention to 08 and previous bikes value. Im coming off 2 09s.. ijust wanted input bc I picked this up bc I didn't want to spend allot of money this year bc im going to school. I will post pics as soon as I go pick it up :smirk: its still in my buddys garage.

Oops I sounded kind of like a d**k there. Sorry. Maybe my username is short for that, lol. But you do seem to know all about it, which is very good when it comes to used dirtbikes.

Edited by D-K