Sign in to follow this  

What's the best place to get my valve seats cut?

Like the title says, I'm looking to get this done. Where do you guys like to send them and how much is it? Should I just take it to my local dealer?

Thanks

I called him a while ago about some other stuff regarding the big bore and valves. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I think it was a little out of my budget because he wanted to do porting or something. I'll probably give him another call and see what he'll charge to get the seats cut and maybe install some new OEM parts.

I just emailed MT-LLC about their "preventative maintenance" service. It's a good price I think, but I wanted to know what was involved in a "valve job" If that meant just cutting the seats, or included installing new components.

Well, MT hasn't gotten back to me. On Jesse's site, it's $30 a seat so $150. That sounds good to me so I'll probably be sending it to him once I get the valves out.

Well, MT hasn't gotten back to me. On Jesse's site, it's $30 a seat so $150. That sounds good to me so I'll probably be sending it to him once I get the valves out.

Jesse does great work. I have had him cut valve seats for me in the past and he does top notch work. I found a local machine shop that I really like and trust so I have them do it now only because they are on my way to work and their prices are reasonable. Porting and cams I will stick with Jesse.