Sign in to follow this  

94 kx 250 shift fork

the long slow process of rebuilding my kx with all the problems ive had is just down to one stupid shift fork thats bent and i cant put the enging back together until i replace the fork. the only problem is every oe site i go on like bikebandit the part shows like its not going to be made anymore. i tried ebay but whatever it was that was sent to me was the wrong set because the one fork i needed was too small. idk what to do without spending over $100 for this one part so if anyone has anything laying around for this year id like to work out a deal. thanx for any help

i was just a little skeptical about ebay again i already tried it once for this part and what i was sent was supposed to be for my bike but the part didnt match up it was just about 2 mm too small but i guess il just give it a shot again

Post your case number and 4 digit number on the left side of your cylinder. Someone, at some point, may have swapped engines/bottom ends. Did you return the fork no problem?

the part didnt match up it was just about 2 mm too small

2mm too small in what way, was it the bore for the shaft. If it was are your shafts 10mm or 12mm? Like Jeekinz post your cases and cylinder numbers, maybe your motor is not what you think it is.

Ed

Edited by no1clyde

I am not sure when they made that change. Someone else posted 96 in my KDX trans thread but I don't know for sure. I know they made the input shaft bearing bigger in 94 so I assumed they changed the shift fork shaft that year too but like I said someone else said 96, that is one reason I'm wondering about this 94. If it is a 94 and has the 12mm shafts I will go back to assuming 94 and if they are 12mm I probably have a set or 2 around here. Anyway in 94 the trans input shaft went to 25mm from 22mm, that is the big trans difference and then at some point the shift fork shaft went from 10mm to 12mm, we all may learn something :smirk:

Ed

Edited by no1clyde

well i wont be able to post those numbers until next week the engine is at work, the fork was to small as in the opening on the fork was too small. it wouldnt go onto the trans shaft like its supposed to. and im prettty confident that it is the correct motor because im only the second owner of the bike and i bought it from a close friend of my dads who never really rode the bike much