Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust question

I've seen people do it. I don't know how well they fit but I wouldn't recommend it.

So I've searched around but can't get a good answer. But will a fmf powerbomb fit with a pro circuit ti-4 slip on?

Yes, they will bolt up together since I've used the powerbomb with the stock silencer.The PC slip on would work with the stock header.They are inter changeable.

Hope this helps

Ernie

Edited by gonzokx

I was getting a PC header when my stock bent, they said it needed to be matched with a PC slip on, but a FMF would work with stock. I don't think it was so much of actually fitting together as much as performance. I would be more worried about it performing right, you could call PC and FMF and dig around. I'm sure that as long as they are both for your model and make, they will work. Make sure flanges and crush gaskets are good.

I was getting a PC header when my stock bent, they said it needed to be matched with a PC slip on, but a FMF would work with stock. I don't think it was so much of actually fitting together as much as performance. I would be more worried about it performing right, you could call PC and FMF and dig around. I'm sure that as long as they are both for your model and make, they will work. Make sure flanges and crush gaskets are good.

I asked this question of FMF and the response was rather lame. "Our products are engineered to fit a wide variety of applications, so I am certain it would work with yours" I was wondering if the powerbomb would mate to a DR.D full exhaust. I could not get the person to give me a pipe O.D at the junction of the pipes so I passed and just stuck with the Dr.D.

Most slip ons are going to run good with stock head pipe. My 09 head pipe got bent down so far I couldn't get the oil filter cover off, so an after market header with stock slip on was a pain. I don't have the 09 any more, but my buddy I sold it to and 2 other friends of mine that have 09 got the DR.D and love it. They said it mellowed out the engine a lot. Hope it all works out!

Edited by kodibear_wc

I run a FMF mega bomb with a Pro Circuit ti4. they fit and my only sound test from my last race read a 86db level @ 4000rpm. My brothers ktm 300 2t was at 87. my bike doesn't seem that quiet though.