Sign in to follow this  

Trailtech enduro ride computer.

I've had this on my bike for a year, and never knew how to use it properly. I love this thing. It tells me :

-in either km or miles my total distance for my ride, including individual miles or km between rests on my ride.

-Tells me the time,

-my total miles on the bike,

-my estimated hours on the engine (I had to originally guess.....) I figured I have 1600 miles so probably about 80 hours.

- maintenance intervals of every 60 miles for oil

-top speed of last ride

-average speed of last ride

-speed

-its waterproof

-has a back light, for night riding

-and a couple other features I really dont see a use for....

I would highly suggest investing in one of these things. I just wish it showed engine RPM. They sell for between 60 and 80 dollars and worth every penny. What other ride computers do you guys use? I think these things make a world of difference.

I've been using Trailtech's vapor model (~$115) for the last 4 years or so. Absolutely a great little unit. I think the vapor adds a couple displays for the tach, engine and ambient temp, shift and temp warning lights, and a few other things (from the enduro). Super easy to wire into almost any bike (I've had mine on a Honda XR and a yzf). FYI, you can "reset" the odometer and hour meter... just have to push the right buttons. That way, when you transfer to a different bike you dont have to use it as a reference. The new one with GPS looks pretty sweet... dont know if it would be worth the money for the extra features for what i ride.

-John

I've been using Trailtech's vapor model (~$115) for the last 4 years or so. Absolutely a great little unit. I think the vapor adds a couple displays for the tach, engine and ambient temp, shift and temp warning lights, and a few other things (from the enduro). Super easy to wire into almost any bike (I've had mine on a Honda XR and a yzf). FYI, you can "reset" the odometer and hour meter... just have to push the right buttons. That way, when you transfer to a different bike you dont have to use it as a reference. The new one with GPS looks pretty sweet... dont know if it would be worth the money for the extra features for what i ride.

-John

I GPS ride computer is a brialliant idea. Wow. never get lost.