Sign in to follow this  

I want to put X brake light on my R

I have my 2005 CRF250R setup for woods. I ride sometimes with alot of quad guys and they are more used to watching for a brake light than just timing between riders. So I want to add the X brake light onto my R.

I already have X fender and light, a brake switch, and an X stator. Can I make it all work with those parts? Do I need the X stator to run just a brake light? Do I need a regulator or something to put in line with the brake circuit?

I have an R diagram so I know which wires are which there, can I just take a circuit off the non ignition side?

Can anyone post me the X wiring diagram?

Much thanks

I think you have close to all the parts. However if you have stock X tail light it will only work as a brake OR running light not both, just fyi. I would try calling Trail Tech or Baja Designs to see what they think. I don't know enought about the R electrical system to recommend anything else.

Thank you for the reply. One or the other is fine. I would really only want brake light anyway. Thank you again.

You need different riding buddies. besides where do you ride that you don't just jet off and leave the quads in your dust?

You need different riding buddies. besides where do you ride that you don't just jet off and leave the quads in your dust?

Call me old but anymore I just like to ride. I don't mind a slow ride with my quad buddies. Yes its hard to go that pace all day, and I usually lose them a few times for some fun. I have plenty of moto buddies that its always wide open too, most of those guys don't like to do woods. A few do but I don't get to see them guys all that much. Diversity I guess.

Call me old but anymore I just like to ride. I don't mind a slow ride with my quad buddies. Yes its hard to go that pace all day, and I usually lose them a few times for some fun. I have plenty of moto buddies that its always wide open too, most of those guys don't like to do woods. A few do but I don't get to see them guys all that much. Diversity I guess.

Well I'm 50 years old senior B rider and I could not stand waiting on a bunch of quads...Then again I think most quad riders are not fully developed mentally :smirk:

Edited by gruberyz