How to select pants?

If you are tall I recommend Troy Lee stuff. Longest mx pants I've ever had (really nice since I'm 6'5"). My Thors were really short and the calf openings were so small I couldn't pull them far enough up my skinny legs to get the crotch up where it needed to be. Ripped the crotch more every time I rode.

Edited by Ih8Hondas

It's all about what you prefer. I have personally gone to an over the boot pant with pockets. Years ago I thought over the boot pants were stupid,but my desire to have pockets drove me to them and I've not looked back.

OTB'r since the late 90s. Keep the water out and pants without pockets for trail riding? Sometimes I need to get to stuff w/o having to take off my Zac Speed. I wear Fly, Klim and some Moose Racing. Overall, I like my Fly Patrol pant, jersey and jacket the best.

• Like 1

I try on all the pants until I find a brand that fits nicely and is comfortable. The I pick a colour and make sure the design doesn't make my eyes burn. Even if you are buying online, doesn't mean you can go into a store somewhere and try some pants on.

I buy whatever is an end of the year closeout that is in my size...and not a gay color or design..... And try to get the top of the line model since they are cheap anyway. For example I have 2011 Fox 360 gear that was cheaper than their 2012 180 line.

On second thought only follow this advice if you arent a size 36 pant or XL jersey. Dont need them running out.

You are just going to have to buy a pair and see if you like them. If you stick with riding,you are gonna end up with multiple pairs anyway. Buy a pair of clearance,in the boot pants,and if you don't like them,do what I do and pass them on to one of the cash strapped teenagers in the group. Then try a pair with different features until you find what you are looking for.

in-the-boot, over-the-boot, or overpants? Got a pair (or more) of each... depends on the riding I'm doing as to what I wear.

Color, price, brand, quality... get what suits your needs.

Fox OTB, got them for $30. An old pair of in-the-boot Fox pants... again, cheap... less than $40 if I remember right.

Klim Revolt pants... these are the ones I usually wear. Tough and comfortable. The pockets on them are a joke. Got a good deal on them too.

And a pair of Cortech overpants for running around town or commuting when it's cold/wet. d