Sign in to follow this  

Simple carb removal?

I always just pull the seat, tank, and engine head stay mount. The air box boot will flex enough to get the carb out without taking the subframe off.

On my 2011 yz250f i went about removing the carb as follows

seat

tank

disconnect carb(throttle cables gas line etc.)

unbolt the bottom 2 bolts to the subframe leaving the top two lose.(allows you to swing the subframe up) also unbolt the subframe from the exhaust pipe.

i didnt have to unbolt the shock but the 2011s have diff frames so you might have to, but its a few less steps than taking the subframe and shock completely off

Edited by Broody

On my 2011 yz250f i went about removing the carb as follows

seat

tank

disconnect carb(throttle cables gas line etc.)

unbolt the bottom 2 bolts to the subframe leaving the top two lose.(allows you to swing the subframe up) also unbolt the subframe from the exhaust pipe.

i didnt have to unbolt the shock but the 2011s have diff frames so you might have to, but its a few less steps than taking the subframe and shock completely off

This^^. It really doesnt take that much time to remove the subframe and rear shock. IMHO I prefer to take off the seat, tank, subframe, and shock. I bet it takes me all of 10 minutes to do. then the carb is easily removed and installed. Just me though.