Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne SG-10 vs Alpinestar Tech 8

I am looking to purchase a set of boots. Can anyone who has worn one/both of these boots please chime in with some input? I can read about the boots all day, but I am looking for some first hand experience on these boots. Pros/Cons? Thank you for your help.

come on man. boot shootouts on every page. youll see them right next the countless neck brace threads. sorry man im tired this evening and its either being a dick on the internet or piss my wife off.

i have ~10 rides on my sg10's. Had Tech 8's for a couple years before them.

So far, both boots were comefortable. Sg10's have bigger calf area, little bit big for me even with knee pads, would probably be ok with braces. Tech was stiffer, but i still have better feel. Seems like the sg has larger range of motion up and down with the foot, too much IMO.

try searching, i bet this exact topic has been covered.

gx1=tech8 without the bootie, I cant fit my feet in my tech8's with the bootie on anyway, nor would I use the bootie if I could

the gx10 are more like the tech10's

One good point with the tech 8 is i can get them soaked one day, then pull out the bootie and run it again next day by wearing my gore tex socks over the riding socks......this comes in handy in the wet winter season here in the northwest.

Joe