Sign in to follow this  

New(to me) XR650L

Hey guys and gals

Well it is exciting to be back on thumpertalk and it not be sad anymore now that I picked up another PIG! It's been about 3 years since my last good running pig. I found a mostly stock one here locally(had an acerbis tank installed). What are some things I should run through to make sure it's good to go? I have to buy a battery in the morning and some fuel line for starters but is there a particular method to seeing if the jetting is on par? I don't know how the power should feel anymore, the only bikes I've ridden lately were crotch rockets. Anyways, I'm just happy to be back on here. Hope all is well and hopefully some of the old moderators are still here. My old username was eyeofth3b3hold3r but I don't know what email address(if I can even still access it) I used for that name. For the guys who have been on here a while I was the guy who delivered pizza's for pizza hut on a BWP. Glad to have a pig again!

I'll post some pictures in the morning too.

Hey guys and gals

Well it is exciting to be back on thumpertalk and it not be sad anymore now that I picked up another PIG! It's been about 3 years since my last good running pig. I found a mostly stock one here locally(had an acerbis tank installed). What are some things I should run through to make sure it's good to go? I have to buy a battery in the morning and some fuel line for starters but is there a particular method to seeing if the jetting is on par? I don't know how the power should feel anymore, the only bikes I've ridden lately were crotch rockets. Anyways, I'm just happy to be back on here. Hope all is well and hopefully some of the old moderators are still here. My old username was eyeofth3b3hold3r but I don't know what email address(if I can even still access it) I used for that name. For the guys who have been on here a while I was the guy who delivered pizza's for pizza hut on a BWP. Glad to have a pig again!

I'll post some pictures in the morning too.

One of the main things to check is your counter shaft splines for wear. A lot of xrl owners have went to using the xr650r counter shaft sprocket as its has more spline area, its thicker and doesn't wobble on the shaft.