Sign in to follow this  

Hinson steel clutch basket in 2010-2012 CRF250R

I have been searching for a flywheel weight for the 2010-2012 CRF250R.... goal is better and easier starting and less stalling. I cannot find a flywheel anywhere....

Has anyone ever tried a hinson steel clutch basket on a fuel injected CRF250R? it is supposed to be like a 10 oz flywheel weight. Can someone please post their experiances with this product.

I always ran flywheels on my 2004-2009 CRF250R's but now I can't get one for the 2012 CRF250R.

Thank you!

Since nobody replied and I don't ride, I can't tell you from personal experience, but I've installed a couple in the 10's and 11's with great feedback. The fit is real nice and the results were exactly what you would expect from adding a heavier flywheel. I think it's a win win being that you're never goint to wear the basket out and get the benefits of the feel of a heavier flywheel.

I am also looking for a flywheel weight for my 2010, again I have been unable to source one and would be interested in any feedback about the steel clutch basket. I did read that Geoff Arron has one on his 2wd that was supplied by American Honda but I can't find where to buy one from!