Sign in to follow this  

California Northern California Enduro Series

The 1st round of the AMA District 36 Northern California Chamionship Enduro Series is fast approaching. The first event will be the Sawmill Enduro put on by NBMC on April 1, 2012. It will feature the AMA National Format therefore no time keeping equipment will be necessary to compete in the event. Come out and be a part of this fun and competitive series. This years event is also part of the WEST CHEC series that features enduros from SoCal, Arizona and NorCal. The day before this event is the Crosscut Family Enduro so bring out the kids and ride with them on Saturday and ride the Sawmill on Sunday. $10 discount for entering both. Come enjoy the double cut weekend. For more info go to www.northbaymc.org and click on the event link. Online entry is also available.

Edited by KX290F Pilot

I sent my entry in. This is going to be a good one. Cow has some great technical trails. Even the A riders get challenged at this one.

I sent my entry in. This is going to be a good one. Cow has some great technical trails. Even the A riders get challenged at this one.

The A's and B's will be challenged. C's will too but we put in splits for the super technical stuff. Cow Mtn. holds many great trails and a few you have never seen before.

• Like 1

I have never raced before and would guess I am c class or below. Is this really a good race for a first timer? Especially a 39 year old first timer? I have been riding for 10 or so years so I am not a complete newbie. What do I need to race? I saw I need an AMA & district 36 membership. I am also guessing I need a number. How would I establish that?

Any thoughts, tips, insight would be greatly appreciated

I have never raced before and would guess I am c class or below. Is this really a good race for a first timer? Especially a 39 year old first timer? I have been riding for 10 or so years so I am not a complete newbie. What do I need to race? I saw I need an AMA & district 36 membership. I am also guessing I need a number. How would I establish that?

Any thoughts, tips, insight would be greatly appreciated

Shapi you can buy ama and d36 at the race. We will be giving you a number for the race, for the minute you will be riding. Your best bet is to pre enter to get an earlier minute. You can either mail in an entry or go to northbaymc.org to enter online. You would be in the C class and can ride displacement size or Vet based on your age of 39. Many riders have made this there first Enduro. Last year the guy that won the C overall had never raced an enduro before. You can also use Sat. Crosscut Family Enduro as a warm up to get you ready for the Sawmill on Sun. We give a $10 discount if you enter both.

Edited by KX290F Pilot

I should do this...

Have yet to ride Cow Mountain.

RX come on out to Cow Mtn. for the Crosscut and Sawmill Enduros. Gurantee you will have a blast!

Thanks KX...sounds good. 2 more questions...what is a family enduro, I know it sounds pretty self explanatory, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a team or club thing. Second, in an endure, how long is the race/course?

Thanks KX...sounds good. 2 more questions...what is a family enduro, I know it sounds pretty self explanatory, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a team or club thing. Second, in an endure, how long is the race/course?

Family Enduro is a timekeeping event that is an easier shorter course with slower speeds so families and friends can ride it together. Lots of guys do the Family enduro on Sat with their kids and then do main enduro on Sun.

You have not ridden Cow?

Check my schedule and will see if I can do it back to back days.

Change your schedule to make sure you make it. First Enduro of the year you have to do it. Timekeeper on Sat. and AMA National Format on Sun. All you Hare Scramble guys should come out too. No Cross Country race on the schedule that weekend for D36. You don't need timekeeping equipment for Sundays Sawmill Enduro.

Edited by KX290F Pilot

This is a super fun event, this will be my 3rd year doing it and I'm looking forward to another challenging day, haha.

I strongly advise anyone interested to get out there and do it!

• Like 2

This is a super fun event, this will be my 3rd year doing it and I'm looking forward to another challenging day, haha.

I strongly advise anyone interested to get out there and do it!

Thanks Shawn. See you on April 1st. Don't ride Angry.

Hey Shawn, are you going to be on the same minute as Brian and myself?

That would be cool, you guys need a slow guy like me to help pace yourselves :smirk:

I need to send in my entry!

I was so poor in College I only drank Schaffer's for 4 years. I was at a party with a keg...................................... it was SOOOOOOOOOO good. I searched all over for the host to ask him, "What kinda Beer is this!? It's FANTASTIC! I love it!"

"Oh, he said.................................. It's just Bud????" Now I hate Bud. It's too domestic! :smirk:

I have been getting questions about the location of the start of the Sawmill Enduro. We do not use the Ukiah West Staging area. To get to our event you need to drive to the Lakeport, CA side of Cow Mtn. The fastest way is to take HWY 29 and exit 11th St / Scotts Valley Rd. in Lakeport. Head west on Scotts Valley Rd., Left turn onto Riggs Rd, Right onto Scotts Creek Rd. Staging area approx. 2 miles down Scotts Creek Rd. Enter soon.

Edited by KX290F Pilot

I was so poor in College I only drank Schaffer's for 4 years. I was at a party with a keg...................................... it was SOOOOOOOOOO good. I searched all over for the host to ask him, "What kinda Beer is this!? It's FANTASTIC! I love it!"

"Oh, he said.................................. It's just Bud????" Now I hate Bud. It's too domestic! :smirk:

So what Keg of beer are you bringing to the Sawmill? Hope it's not Bud.