Sign in to follow this  

07-08 frame changes?

is there any difference from the 07-08 frames? whats the so called 10mm wider engine spacers?? are they attatched to the frame or can you buy them? i need any input please! thanks

The frames look similar but are not exactly the same.

The 08 motor mount spacer has 10mm distances welded onto it. You can buy them, or just get longer bolts and put several washers on each side. They say it works out the same. The head stay brackets could be thinned out some to achieve an even greater difference.

w555h416_0000034046798008.jpg

Edited by D-K

So your saying an 07 frame with allthe 08 hardware and mounts wouldn't bolt upp right?

So your saying an 07 frame with allthe 08 hardware and mounts wouldn't bolt upp right?

I did some reading up, and the basic frames 06-08 are the same, except for the 2 stripes on the 06. I had a faint memory of something being strengthened in 07 but I can not find any info on it.

The 08 front motor mount will fit on the 06 and 07. But you can get the same effect by getting longer standard bolts and add 10mm of washers on each side. A lot cheaper than getting original parts.

alrighty thanks dk! my buddy is doing a frame swap on his 08 so that was why i was asking...i can always count on this site for a good answer :smirk: