Sign in to follow this  

if my battery is dead can i still kick start my bike

i have an 08 250 xcf. i haven't ridden it in over a year so obviously the battery is dead. does the battery need to be charged for me to be able to kickstart. before i put it away last time i drained the gas from the tank and carb so no worries. there i put fresh gas in but no luck getting it to kick start. im guessing the dead battery is the issue here so i put it on the tender. any thoughts?

should kickstart with a dead battery... you getting spark? should be able to further diagnose why it isn't firing up after eliminating some other issues...

should kickstart with a dead battery... you getting spark? should be able to further diagnose why it isn't firing up after eliminating some other issues...

spark is good fresh air filter so its breathing fine. checked the carb its clean. im wondering if the ignition and the battery are linked like on some other models

nice informed reply

He gave you the correct response, so I assume that you were just being polite.

fuel getting into the system properly? is it even trying to turn over (assuming you've charged the battery by now...) try to pop start it...