Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Riders that are sucking/struggling so far.

Just thinking of some riders who I thought would be doing better and aren't doing what I expected. I know I am forgetting some guys but this is who I can think of off top of my head.

Dean Wilso- kind of a let down so far. Not doing bad but seems to be struggling

Ryan sipes- seems to be sucking. I am a fan of his but very dissapoinfed so far.

Austin stroupe- don't know what his deal is but he for sure was not doing well.

Martin davolous- dont know what his problem is either.

James Stewart- even though he is doing well it stil looks like he is struggling a little. Looks like he still can't ride as fast as he should be.

Jason Thomas- was not expecting fire from him but atleast expected him to be in the night show

Edited by sdjclevland

I think Tomac is just crazy fast so its making these guys look bad. Wilson has been hot/cold, but he is there. Davalos is on it in the heats. I would like to see Sipes pick it up a bit for sure though...

Yeah what's up with Sipes? Last year he had some nice podiums and was showing A LOT of speed. But it feels like if that guy makes struggles for one race, he will suck at the next 3 races. I think that Sipes has no confidence at all.

And now this, a crash and an injury. What a bummer.

Edited by Elfgren

If Davalos hasn't pulled it together by now, I dont think he ever will. Wilson, I thought for sure this was his year.

If Davalos hasn't pulled it together by now, I dont think he ever will. Wilson, I thought for sure this was his year.

Yeah it seems Davalos is kind of like Alessi in the mains. Goes balls out to the front and then fades before or about the mid way point. He is super fast in the heats though, just can't keep that pace when it comes to the actual race.

As for Wilson, he is much better at the outdoors but I think he'll put something together this weekend since the heat is really on with Tomac's crazy blistering race pace.

I think Alessi got some self promoted hype coming into the season and was tooting the "off KTM-now on the Zuk" horn but he better start putting something together quick like or he may find himself in another country next year in his racing career.

I don't know why JS in the list from the op. He seems to be going fast enough to podium but he will not be the dominant factor this season as RV is proving that now. JS is riding on some built up momentum right now but I don't see him being a factor in the end for the championship unless something happens to RV or Reed.....or possibly RD.

Sucks about Sipes. Cool kid with a good outlook.

Jason Thomas?? Who's that?.......................I figured he would have a much better showing as well!

Edited by BBA

Jason Thomas?? Who's that?.......................I figured he would have a much better showing as well!

Not with this stacked field, its all top guys in the main, hardly any nobodys

Not with this stacked field, its all top guys in the main, hardly any nobodys

It does seem like the top group in the lites are making the rest look like a bunch of B riders lol.

Tomac is super fast and I like him. He just rides on the ragged edge a lot and it might be a matter of time before he takes a hard dismount. Hopefully it wont end his season if it happens.

• Like 1

Sipes is not quite a top 3 guy yet, but is working at it and put some up last season. Great stuff. No way, Sipes just went out! Man, that sux. Get well soon RS. Dean-O, yeah, not in the domination mode he's been in, didn't expect, go Dean-O! js, not doing well at all, only one win. Thought js was on to dominate to 72, not happening. Think js quits when times get hard, see RV. Yeah, Tomac, dude's flyin', go Eli!

• Like 1

Sipes is not quite a top 3 guy yet, but is working at it and put some up last season. Great stuff. No way, Sipes just went out! Man, that sux. Get well soon RS. Dean-O, yeah, not in the domination mode he's been in, didn't expect, go Dean-O! js, not doing well at all, only one win. Thought js was on to dominate to 72, not happening. Think js quits when times get hard, see RV. Yeah, Tomac, dude's flyin', go Eli!

Isn't sipes an old vet in the lites class now? He's like 27, almost 28. I think hes like like Metcalfe is there just cant quite seal the deal. Sipes needs to move up to the 450's and figure out whether he can do it or if its quitting time