Sign in to follow this  

Fork cap help!?

Managed to strip the 49mm bolt on top of my fork while trying to remove it to get change over my springs. :smirk: I think its called fork cap it's the 49mm part around the blue insert. Does anyone know exactly what its called and where I can buy a replacement online for a 2011 kx450f?

Motorsport outlet did have 25% off OEM, but may have expired, also back the clickers all the way out to remove, almost did the same thing, good luck, may have one from 06 yz450f laying in attic if it will work.

Clickers were backed off but the shifter was 'modified' by my father in law and didn't quite work as planned. It's more cosmetic damage than anything else. If I go to here:

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/KAWASAKI/2011/KX450F/FRONT-FORK

What part is it that I need to get? They still have the 25% offer going so i will probably just buy from there. Cheers,

Can't I use a 49mm socket?

Let me know where you can find an 8-sided 49 mm socket cheaper than a specific cap wrench?

08-0429.jpg

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has a much cheaper version called TUSK brand.

What he said. I've got the outer and innner wrench from RM. You'll need both to change the fluid.

Yeah RM has a set where you get the outer 49mm wrench and the 35/36mm inner socket for $20.

I don't get it. Those caps are so easy to undo with the right tool.

How did you strip it? Wrong tool, or forget to undo the top triple clamp?