KX year by year changes?! Looking at a 96'

I am looking at a 1996 kx 125 that has a hole in the case that i can probably get for 250 bucks. I was wondering why there isnt a year by year changes to the kx's like the honda section has. Just wondering overall opinions on this bike for its time and what changed from 95'- and 96+... Thanks! ?

TTT anyone? how do these compare to a 96 yz being on an older platform? Ive ridden my cousins 00 kx 125 quite a bit and rode a 07 cr 125 until labor day of 09' when i broke my back and my parents made me sell the bike. i know it wil be alot different than the cr so i am wondering how it compares to the 00 kx 125 i am used to. Thanks

i've never ridden a 125 at all. before i switched to bikes, i rode quads. broke my back on quads so gave up riding them. after i switched to bikes, all i ride is green. i did own and ride a yz450f for a brief time and doesn't compair to a 125. but since than, it's been 250's. i do want a kx125 to play around on..lol

I wish I could help. All I can say is I have a 93 kx125, and I have a blast on it. I also rode my friend 01 kx125 once and is was good too. I think it was definitely better than the 93, but I couldn't tell you how much better. If I were you, I would look for something as new as possible.

At least around me, there are a few 125s in the 99-02 range that are selling from $700(with a bad top end) to $1500 ready to ride. I don't know how much you are looking to spend but something like that might be an option.

Hopefully Jeekinz will pop in here, he knows a lot about the 250s, so maybe he can tell you something about the 125s.

It's not McDonalds.

I actually saw your thread but I was home and my P.O.S. iPad reloads every 3 seconds so I didn't reply, then it just got buried a little. A simple "bump" works, not "this forum sucks".

To answer your initial question, the 96 will probably feel just like the 2000. I don't know engine differences, but comparing the 96 and 2000, the 96 has narrower pegs, narrower swingarm and better front brakes, non-bladder forks. IMO, the K models (94-98) feel slimmer than the L models (99-02). The chassis isn't much different, unlike a 03-05 with a totally redesigned chassis.

94-96 KX's, AFAIK, are basically the same (orther than the usual annual tuning differences) with the 95 and 96's getting the midvalve.

Edited by Jeekinz

It's not McDonalds.

I actually saw your thread but I was home and my P.O.S. iPad reloads every 3 seconds so I didn't reply, then it just got buried a little. A simple "bump" works, not "this forum sucks".

To answer your initial question, the 96 will probably feel just like the 2000. I don't know engine differences, but comparing the 96 and 2000, the 96 has narrower pegs, narrower swingarm and better front brakes, non-bladder forks. IMO, the K models (94-98) feel slimmer than the L models (99-02). The chassis isn't much different, unlike a 03-05 with a totally redesigned chassis.

94-96 KX's, AFAIK, are basically the same (orther than the usual annual tuning differences) with the 95 and 96's getting the midvalve.

i thought the iPad was suppose to be 'THE' s@#t, not a P.O.S?? ?

thanks jeekinz what does AFAIK stand for and i also notice people swapping out the stock swingarm for a 98-02? how about the heigth compared to the 00'. Ive really been looking for an 03+ that needs some work because i like the idea of them being a smaller bike but they are hard to find needing work and for cheap. Thanks

That 98' for 800 that needs a new top end is overpriced but thanks. and i havent seen the bike yet... hopefully thursday. Anyone have any insight on the height and how tall the bike feels compared to the two newer generations? thanks

Ended up buyin the bike for 200 bucks it is all in pieces now. there is a hole in the case but i am back at school now and probably wont get to find out everything it needs for a couple weeks. The only pic i have is here

g

sorry i didnt know how to just put the one pic up there. Might still part it out. Most frustrating this was finding out it was a 94'. What does the 95+ have that the 94 doesnt? Thanks again