Sign in to follow this  

2009 crf 450

what are your guys thoughts on the crf 450 engine. Is it reliable. and what do you think of the over all package of the bike.

I have a 09 and I love it! I had a 05 CRF 450 before it and it felt like a tractor to the 09. I have about 50 hr on mine and no problem at all, the valves are even in spec! The bike feel so light and nimbel.

I have the slipstream filter in tank and I think that one is a must so that you don't ruin your fluid filter. I change the oils and oil filter every 5-10 hours.

I have the hinson six spring clutch and magura hyd clutch, becaus I like a easy clutch pull. Plus some other mods to my liking..

I love mine. It's the first 450 I've every had and coming from a 250f I was surprised at how light the bike feels compared to the other 450's. It's got a magura hyd clutch and after feeling the clutch pull on another with the stock set up I'd say it's a must have. I'm just over 50 hours and valves are still spot on. Some people have had problems starting the bike as did I when I first got it but once I figured out the correct sequence I can start in in 2 kicks hot or cold. I've always been a big Kawi fan and the handling took some getting use to but now I'll say it's the best bike I've ever ridden.