Sign in to follow this  

100 octane fuel from the pump

I don't know about other states, but here in Nevada some gas stations have what they call, race gas. The octane rating on the pump is for 100 or more.

Has anyone used this fuel and can it be used with no adjustments to fuel injection? This would be for a CRF450 2011.

Thanks for any help.

Hey all. I did find out that the 100 octane is Leaded fuel. Any thoughts?

It will run fine but it's a waste of money for a thumper that doesn't have a very high compression piston.

Do you know what kind of race gas it is? If it is an oxygenated fuel it will make a bit more power. I dont know about a fuel injected bike, but my 450 was jetted a little rich, so i started running sunoco 260gt fuel in it. its oxygenated, unleaded 100 octane. Seems to have helped the rich problem and it runs a little better too.

Here is a post i started sometime back with a lot of good fuel specs and advice.

http://www.thumperta...__fromsearch__1

I tried 110 oct. and bike ran very bad. Drained and put 92 pure (no ethonal) and haven't used anything else.

Hope link helps.

Edited by xGr4ndx

Thanks all for the advice. I don't know many other details about the fuel, so for now I will stick with the 92 octane. I will keep you all posted as I find out more.