Sign in to follow this  

2005 rm85 fouling plugs in 30 seconds

I bought a 2005 rm 85 the otherday, It ran like a treat. It needed new gear oil so i did that and toped up the fuel. started the bike got 100m then it staled as i hit band. I checked the plug it it was soked in black oil. I replaced the plug then the same thing happend. The oil is castrol tts mixed at 40:1. If i clean the plug it will run again then just die. I have cleaned the carby, checked all electrical conections but nothing has helped. It was completly fine untill i changed there gear oil and put new fuel in it.

Any ideas?

Check the shut off valve on the float. Be sure the fuel stops flowing when the float is lifted up.

The new fuel i put in it was BP premium 98 octane, Today found out that lots of people have isues useing BP premium in the bikes. I pulled the reeds out of it and kicked it over and fuel spat out of the crank case everywhere.. I then left it sit for an hour then put it back together and refueled it with standared 91octane fuel and it runs fine? odd but somehow 98 octane makes it foul it's plug.