Sign in to follow this  

brake light staying on. where should i start?

Hi all my brake light seem to be staying on, where should I start. Also the indicators seem to be running fast. What do you guys think the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Check the front brake light switch. The lever might not be triggering it. When the plunger/button is out, the light is engaged.

You can easily unplug your front brake switch, so start with that. Then move to the rear brake switch and disconnect that. I would bet its going to be one of those.

I also had the same problem where my brake light was staying on. Turned out the rear brake switch needed adjusting. As far as your indicators running to fast, are you using LEDs? If so, maybe you need a load resistor. If using the stock bulbs, maybe you need a new stock flasher (located behind the headlight) - just an idea.

Thanks for that. I will check it out right now. I haven't had the bike that long and figuring stuff out on it still.

I had the same problem, my rear brake pedal was sticking just enough to keep the light on. I removed it, found some dirt inside the actual electronic switch. It was easy enough to open, and i reseated the foam gasket to prevent reoccurence. i cleaned it out greased it and now no more sticky brake light.

• Like 1