DS Conversion in Oklahoma

Read the thread about the requirements per state. Couldn't find any follow-up information as to whether one can still convert a dirt bike into dual sport in the great state of OK.

I want to purchase a Kawasaki KLX 140L for my wife and convert it via a Baja Designs kit. However, things in OK may have changed since I last did this with my Honda XR250R.

Any Okies out there that can clue me in? Does OK still do this? Or, has the EPA tightened its noose to the point it's not possible?

Thanks for any input.

Vinduroman

1. Register the bike as an OHV via a valid MSO.

2. Convert the bike to be legal, saving all documentation.

3. Transport the the bike and all documentation to a Tag Agency where it will be inspected for compliance, the documentation will be reviewed, and the VIN visually inspected/data based.

4. Assuming all the above OKAY: Pay 'da money. (Excise tax, registration fee, tag fee) OK will then convert the OHV registration to a On Road registration and issue a title. You'll walk out with a tag, and the title will arrive in the mail a week or two later.

Almost the same as it was many many years ago when I tagged my '90 XR250R. Difference being I had to take it to an Official Vehicle Inspection Station (back then we had yearly vehicle inspections) instead of the Tag Agency.

Vinduroman

Edited by Vinduroman