Sign in to follow this  

03 cr250 suspension

hey my 03 cr250 currently has stock suspension and i was going to bring it into devol to be revalved for woods riding. i am about 150 pounds with riding gear and i was wondering if my weight is good with the stock spring size or do i need to respring as well? anyone know what weight range the bike is set up for stock? thanks

The stock suspension is set up for around a 165 - 175 # rider. How does the suspension feel to you now ? Have you set the sag with the current spring rates ? If you only ride woods then you might consider going lighter on your springs. The company your dealing with should be able to point you in the right direction.

i acutally just checked on www.racetech.com i plugged in the bike, my riding style, and weight.. and it told me to stock with stock springs.. so i may just do that.. and also, should i go with TBT suspension or devol? those are my two options cause they are local

I used DeVol for my suspension. I'm also a woods guy, very pleased with the valving, but I feel they went a little too light on my rear spring rate. The folks at DeVol are super nice to deal with.

My brother has been really happy with the work he's gotten from Moto-Pro (also a respected local tuner), but also didn't agree with his recommended spring rates.

I would suggest you map out your race sag with the existing spring (with gear on), then check static sag. This will give you a good reference point on the shock rate.