Sign in to follow this  

Showa SFF Air Fork on the 2013?

I saw in my latest issue of MXA that Showa has a SFF Air Fork. Rather than a spring on the right side, it has 2 nitrogen charged chambers that can be filled with whatever pressure you want to get the correct spring rate for your weight, ability, track type, etc. It had a small blurb with Bones Bacon talking about them, as Pro Circuit must already have them and are testing them. I bet they come on the 2013 KX250F. Man, it is getting a little bit like the computer industry here with the KX250F and the KX450F! Every model year the previous one gets obsoleted, supposedly. This is cool in some ways, but only if they are really making true improvements to the bike with all this new tech. If it is just to sell the new model, then it is a computer industry trick. What is your take on all this?

One thing that might be cool, if they don't change the fork tube outer size or fitment in the current triple clamps, a person could just get the right fork leg that has the air spring internals and use that on their 2011 or 12 or whatever. Maybe someday I'll have a '11/'12/'13 hybrid KX250F. Already have the '12 injection in my '11.

• Like 1

i don't think Durham is. tickle has been and has ran them for 2 weeks on his race bike (not sure fi its 2 with today or 3?). he said they help with over jumping/slaming into the ground from it and give better frontwheel traction... they're definatly pretty sick though! Doubt well see them till 14, though.. who knows!

Really? Now we all have to go get a nitrogen bottle, special guage etc.? And still have money for 4stk rebuilds? I see some thin starting lines in the future. And a lot more kids playing soccer.

Did Durham run these last night in Dallas? Cause he looked good. Really good.

It always amazes me how much better guys get when they ride for Mitch. Durham was decent before while riding for 11ten mods but had way too many bike issues. Now that he is with PC, he seems like he can contend for a title not just hoping for top 5s/10s.

Edited by Kx_Ryan21

Did Durham run these last night in Dallas? Cause he looked good. Really good.

It always amazes me how much better guys get when they ride for Mitch. Durham was decent before well riding for 11ten mods but had way too many bike issues. Now that he is with PC, he seems like he can contend for a title not just hoping for top 5s/10s.

I´ve heard them say that he is one of the most talented guys out there, just hasn´t been able to get good material and team before. I mean there is much more that goes in to it, but he certainly stepped it up.

Did he run the air fork? I want one!