Sign in to follow this  

rm 250 2000 (need help)

i have a rm 250 2000 y model, and i have no spark, i replaced the coil with a amr racing coil, still nothing, i took cdi off checked the wires and visibly could not see any breaks

i have not done a continuity text because i do not have the meter, i took stator off and saw like this bluish color around the case that goes over the magnet, not going in any deeper until i get some advice

if anyone could help that would be great

Try the free stuff first. Copied this from the web.

Here's the Main Reasons a Dirt Bike Loses Spark:

A Kill Switch on the Blink

Kill Switches DO go bad. If you're not sure about whether or not the kill switch is causing the dirt bike to not start, by all means unplug it and see if the dirt bike will start. (Note:Some dirt bikes wont start without the handlebar controls plugged in but this gets into a higher level of diagnosis that this article doesn't cover but which can be reached by reviewing a factory service manual specific to the dirt bike you're working on for diagnostic flow charts for properly diagnosing why the dirt bike wont start.

Worn Through, Chafed & Smashed Wires

The wires that run to the kill switch or other handlebar controls as well as the wires which run to control units and other electrical components are frequently routed in such a way that they get smashed between the fork legs or triple clamp as well being routed in areas susceptible to chafing. The harsh conditions of a dirt bike's life can cause an open or grounded circuit almost anywhere along a harness that will easily create a no spark condition so be sure to take a good look around the steering stem and the area under the fuel tank for smashed or otherwise damaged wires.

Poor Electrical Connections

Poor connections are another one of the common reasons why a dirt bike wont start. One way to check for this is to get a visual of every wire where it connects or is secured and ensure with your finger that the connection looks and feels tight by trying to move the connector or to even be sure that plug style connectors are secure and look undamaged. Occasionally, you'll likely find that wires secured with a nut or screw may have worked themselves loose, the terminal is loose feeling (worn out) or the plastic locks being broken allowing ECU's and other components and their connectors to develop a loose connection.

Additionally, look for electrical terminals which are corroded, stretched out from probing and not making a tight connection to the male counterpart or a previous repair that wasn't performed properly. Just be sure to inspect the entirety of the electrical system before condoning an expensive electrical part. You'll be surprised at what poor or broken connections can cause.

Have you checked the kill switch?

yes i unpluged killswith, still no spark

try a new plug? key on? killswitch? make shure the plug is touching the head of the motor .

tryed two new plugs still nothing i run br8es for around the house and when i go riding i use br8eg (racing plug)