Sign in to follow this  

05 CR250 Jetting

So whats the popular vote? JD jet kit or replace the carb with a Keihen?

I'm ready to start riding again with a new to me 05.

I also have a 2005 CR250R.

I went with the Airstriker carb. Glad I did, it works great. Worth the extra money.

( I hate fooling with jetting. )

:smirk:

Someone on here mentioned not too long ago, the magic settings for the stock TMX carb is 2 sizes down on the slow jet and the needle clip on the first position. I heard the TMX is rich on the bottom and mid, but lean everywhere else so if you want more over rev try also going up 2 sizes on the main jet. Also get your squish band set at the proper amount or it will ping like a bitch with the carb at these settings on 93 pump gas.

Edited by Atieri

I just want to get to out there without having to mess around too much. I will run race gas since my YZ465 hates all pump gas so no worries there. I'll look into the head thing though.

Also get your squish band set at the proper amount or it will ping like a bitch with the carb at these settings on 93 pump gas.

Ah, yes. A while ago Atieri advocated that the Honda engineers knew best and Eric Gorr ("the man") said there was nothing wrong with the stock squish. Nice to see the change of heart.

Seriously, especially on the 05-07 250s- this is a critical mod since the stock squish is extremely large and needs correction ASAP. I have had both RB Designs and Pro Circuit do this work on different heads and prefer RB

I don't have an '05 CR250 but I do have two CR250s that I fooled around with the jetting on for quite a while. Finally ended up with Air Striker carbs on both bikes. I should have swapped to the Air Strikers sooner.

I don't have an '05 CR250 but I do have two CR250s that I fooled around with the jetting on for quite a while. Finally ended up with Air Striker carbs on both bikes. I should have swapped to the Air Strikers sooner.

I think this is where I'm going. Searching for carbs on Ebay it seems I can get a jetted bolt-on from JD Jetting or CPW for $30-50 bucks more.

Thanks all

I think this is where I'm going. Searching for carbs on Ebay it seems I can get a jetted bolt-on from JD Jetting or CPW for $30-50 bucks more.

Thanks all

Not a JD fan here. I'd buy a new stock 2000 model version from a CR250 (but that's just me!) :smirk:

Edited by shrubitup