Sign in to follow this  

Need some help with GoPro Video Quality

I bought a GoPro HD Hero recently for of course helmet cam videos and its working perfectly fine uploading videos without a porblem but in this particular situation whenever I need to edit something out this happens

Most videos I make I can upload the original file and it will end up in quality like this which is good even in 360p:

But whenever I need to crop out unnescary footage Via Windows Movie maker it just kills the quality in standard defintion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Kn5LvW0yk&feature=BFa&list=WL3D0FE2C3C7F0BAFB&lf=mh_lolz

Of course you can just hit 720p and problem solved, but I hate all of the people complaining how much my quality blows in 360p, I think I need to get a new editing software but im not sure. Any ideas?

Edited by MixingTheGoodStuff

I would play around with your render settings when you export your videos. I use imovie because it comes with the laptop but i googled it and found a lot better settings and the videos come out much better now. just need to play around with some settings until you find something that works :smirk:

Edited by polaris5019

I would play around with your render settings when you import your videos. I use imovie because it comes with the laptop but i googled it and found a lot better settings and the videos come out much better now. just need to play around with some settings until you find something that works :smirk:

I upload the video at Extremely high quality, its just when the video plays in 360p it looks like a crappy camaera from 2007 not a brand new GoPro.

I upload the video at Extremely high quality, its just when the video plays in 360p it looks like a crappy camaera from 2007 not a brand new GoPro.

whoops meant to write export. I found that the settings that came with imovie made the video worse quality even in hd until i played around with my render settings now they look good like they are supposed to

If you want to you can refer to my post I did a few months back about my GoPro and how I got my quality back after putting it through WMM. Follow the link. If you have any questions feel free to reply to this or inbox me. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/892525-solution-to-gopro-960-editing-and-coverting/page__fromsearch__1

get sony vegas for free

And people wonder about the whole SOPA thing :bonk: Hey buddy, how about I get your bike for free as long as everyone's sharing? :smirk:

Well thanks everyone for your input, I'm no longer going to use WMM also Don't get any of the Pinnalce Studio's I borrrow it from my friend and they're unrealible as shit.

My only choice is to try out Sony Vegas, thanks again TT.

And people wonder about the whole SOPA thing :bonk: Hey buddy, how about I get your bike for free as long as everyone's sharing? :smirk:

what is sopa?

In a nutshell, the government trying to crackdown on pirating, people shutting down their sites for a day, and people freaking out. In case you were unaware, pirating is illegal, don't do it kids. If you want good quality videos, you're going to need to pay to play.