Sign in to follow this  

bike moves when starting in gear

When I start my bike in gear (clutch pulled in obviously) the bike pulls forward. It actually won't start unless I let the clutch out and let the bike start moving. I'm guessing its something with the clutch, probably needs new springs as they haven't been replaced in a long time. Could it be anything else? I just want to have an idea before I start pulling things apart.

Thanks

The clutch plates do tend to stick a little and drag its normal. The inner hub and the basket get notched from the plates and it makes it worse.

That's more of an answer I was looking for. I know they stick sometimes, but more so when the bike is cold. Once it warms up and the bike is in gear it starts like it's in neutral. I know something is wrong. The bike is a 2005 125 and its got the original inner hub and basket (though its seen a few clutch's).

The drag is excessive.

Some oils are worse that others as well. What are you running? I've filed and smoothed the notches out on clutch baskets. It helps if they are bad. Its only a short term fix especially on a 125 where the clutch takes abuse.

Edited by tech857