Sign in to follow this  

Supercross how long till the other sponsors get mad?!?!

anyone notice that the san manuel tuff blocks are always at the point of a crash? I'm just saying.. there are what 15 other sponsors out there and they are the only ones that get the tv time?!?! i bet that the other sponsors are starting to get mad...

second issue with this!

who is putting them out there? what are they made of and why do they cause so many crashes?!?! they need to ban them from the track! :bonk::smirk::lol:

I agree that they should be banned, but unfortunately like many other companies, making money is more important than the quality of the race, or a riders safety.

they used to be hay bales , and they did the same thing , they just sit there showing the riders the boundries of the track until someone runs into them , they also keep out of control riders from leaving one lane and entering the one going the other direction

Edited by DH367

X2 what in the heck did they have to cut to free up Stewart ? i know they cut a chunk of his pants out but what was holding him down ?

who is putting them out there? what are they made of and why do they cause so many crashes?!?! they need to ban them from the track!
My guess answers to your questions:

Who?: AMA.

What?: Spongey stuff covered in vinyl.

Why?: Create a relatively safe trackside boundary to stop riders from doing far worse things to various other people.

Would it be better without them? Don't know, but I doubt it.

i want to know how was he so stuck that they had to cut off some of his pants? was he stuck under that wire?

Regardless of your thoughts on sponsor logos or the covers that pull off of them, I think they have helped a couple times in the last few weeks. Not Canard's incident, but I have seen a bunch of wrecks where the riders are slamming toward the ground and they end up hitting the soft tuft blocks instead. If you are "lucky" enough to wreck into them, it certainly appears that they cushion the fall.

Oh, and Cummins, thanks for posting that video. I was still instinctively playing the drinking game and slammed a cup of hot coffee as I hear "Down goes Stewart!". Second degree burns anyone?

i was joking about the SMBMI logo tuff blocks. i understand what they do and what they are for. but thanks. i guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my post. it just seems like most of the crashes that are on camera and with the top guys are from those blocks.. indian mojo? karma? gravitaional pull? el nino? what is causeing it! :smirk:

i wonder what they cut off of js7 too?? it didn't really look like it was the cable as it didn't move. think as the bike flipped over him it waded up his pants?

anyone notice that the san manuel tuff blocks are always at the point of a crash? :smirk:

No, they're just usually the ones JS7 hits when he crashes. That's why it seems they're everywhere. Indian VooDoo!!!

Edited by SAPPERS

No, they're just usually the ones JS7 hits when he crashes. That's why it seems they're everywhere. Indian VooDoo!!!

its not just the ones he is hitting! look at all the crashes... kinda crazy how many are with them. so you think its indian voodoo... hum.. maybe?? will caulk you up for that!