Sign in to follow this  

HT-racing power vane?

Yes, they have been around awhile. Only used on RFS bikes up to '07 (I think). He has other bottom end modifiers for the newer bikes.

It splits the port from the carb slide to the existing valve split in the engine head. This increases air flow at low rpms drawing in more fuel to increase bottom end power. It installs by tapping in place as the fat end has a kerf cut slips over the sharp port split. Loosen the subframe, is required to install the carb after it's in place. Use a plastic or hard wood block to protect the knife edge facing the carb slide. It should install with moderate hammer tapping.

I use HT's power vane and header. Using, just the powervane, the bike gains bottom end w/o sacrificing top end power. I use his 'low-end' pipe which is a smaller diameter. That reduces the top end rush. Call Bill and check, used to have a money back guarantee.

Edited by Burnrider

Yes, they have been around awhile. Only used on RFS bikes up to '07 (I think). He has other bottom end modifiers for the newer bikes.

It splits the port from the carb slide to the existing valve split in the engine head. This increases air flow at low rpms drawing in more fuel to increase bottom end power. It installs by tapping in place as the fat end has a kerf cut slips over the sharp port split. Loosen the subframe, is required to install the carb after it's in place. Use a plastic or hard wood block to protect the knife edge facing the carb slide. It should install with moderate hammer tapping.

I use HT's power vane and header. Using, just the powervane, the bike gains bottom end w/o sacrificing top end power. I use his 'low-end' pipe which is a smaller diameter. That reduces the top end rush. Call Bill and check, used to have a money back guarantee.

Thanks for the info and for responding. I guess it's kind of like the power now scary fast type of mod?. So it's working for you for trail I'm guessing. ?

Yes, works great. I've rode a 525 with the powervane alone, and it improved bottom end. The pipe adds even more to my 450. Excellent for the GP mountain trails as the stock pipe/ carb setup never was any good for it. Never used the power now products, so I can't compare the two.

Edited by Burnrider

Yes, works great. I've rode a 525 with the powervane alone, and it improved bottom end. The pipe adds even more to my 450. Excellent for the GP mountain trails as the stock pipe/ carb setup never was any good for it. Never used the power now products, so I can't compare the two.
Thankyou! That makes things clearer and more toward my liking. I have an 09 525 Beta... same motor of course and the motor manners are perfect for trail. I don't want to ruin it and make aggressive motor changes that will make technical trail riding more difficult. I have a power now an fmf slip on. It's excellent now...but...maybe. There's always a little more room for a bit more torque.

I don't know now ..actually I have the powernow that's on the intake side(maybe similar to the vane?). The powernow plus is on the airbox side . Here's the graphic on it. I didn't put mine on. My dealer put it on for me while I had some other bike work on in the shop. I ordered it and when it came in he just put it on for me.

http://scaryfastraci...et/4_stroke.htm

I originally thought my 525 power now was on the airbox side like the one I put on my cr 250.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider