Sign in to follow this  

where are all of the husaberg carb pros? I have questions...

2005 Husaberg FS650 and it has the Keihin FCR-MX 39/41 Carb.

I need to know the purpose for all of the tubes coming out of the carb. I'm not worried about the main fuel line going into the carb, that is negligible for what im trying to do.

FIrst of all,

1. Other than the main fuel line in, there are five lines coming out of the carb. At first I just assumed that all 5 were just overflow lines, but i dont know if they are all for overflow or if some of them are ventilation lines. What are the purposes of these 5 lines?

Also,

2. What I consider to be the fifth line coming out of the carb is the line coming out of the bottom of the float. Correct me if im wrong, but i assumed that this was the main fuel overflow line. If so, I would like to know if this overflow outlet tube/fuel-line has to be routed from the bottom of the carb, directly down toward the ground, or if that particular fuel line can be routed vertically upwards towards the top of the carb without causing any sort of backup in the float bowl overflow.

The bottom most line should be the manual drain, gas would only come out that line if you unscrew the drain screw, so it could be routed upwards and only routed downwards when you need to drain the carb. Some guys delete that line and dont worry about having a manual drain line.

The image below shows a combination manual drain AND overflow drain, you'd have to know your carb to know if you have the combo. This line should not be routed upwards, if your float sticks and gas rises to the overflow tube, its just gonna fill the upward rising drain tube.

The picture is showing how to use the manual drain line function as a way to set float height.

2008-10-31_155457_Float_level_adjustment.jpg

Edited by OlderHuskyRider

Nice drawing but, is that from Mikuni? 2 stroke Kehein? On the FCR MX carb the bottom drain tube has two functions;

1: as in the drawing to drain the carb such as for storage, and

2: It has a by pass passage that goes from a verticle tube inside the bowl that goes up to above the float level straight down past the drain screw to the hose, this lets a small amount of fuel out to help prevent flooding the engine if the bike is leaned way over such as when a rider drops it.

JD came up with a plan several years ago that I have used ever since to put a loop in this line so less gas is lost here