Sign in to follow this  

Supercross fake drinking on podium?

anyone else get annoyed with the fake drinking they do? at least js7 will bring up a red bull water bottle. rv did this like 4 or 5 times during the interview and then as they finnish someone comes up and gets the empty can from him. reed doesn't drink but just holds up the muscle milk.

if your going to have a rider hold your stuff and demand them drink it.. tell them to drink something! water or something cause you can tell they don't! we have hd now! it just looks dumb and tells us they don't drink your product they just take your money! just saying!

I just wish we had Beer sponsors like Nascar, see em drinking an ice cold Bud Light or whatever, just like we do back at the truck in the hot months

• Like 5

Just when you think you've seen about every different possible ridiculous complaint out there....... :smirk:

Edited by heezay
  • Like 1

If marijuana is ever legalized and sold by an actual company, they need to sponsor a supercross rider. Imagine some dude on the podium lighting up an oregano-filled blunt for the camera.

• Like 2

If marijuana is ever legalized and sold by an actual company, they need to sponsor a supercross rider. Imagine some dude on the podium lighting up an oregano-filled blunt for the camera.

Hahaha it would go...."I would like to thank my sponsor the Kalifornya Cronic Factory" as he lights up a fat blunt on the podium and offers Erin a hit. :smirk:

I don't mind the 'old fake water in energy drink can bit' but do find it funny they have been seemingly coached to take so many swigs of it while being interviewed.

• Like 1

I like Dean Wilson's Scottish accent. He begins the interview with a Canadian/Mid-western sorta plain language..filled with "ums" and "uhs". Right about mid-point he morphs into this halfway Scottish brogue he mimics from listening to his folks. It is hilarious.

• Like 1

I like Dean Wilson's Scottish accent. He begins the interview with a Canadian/Mid-western sorta plain language..filled with "ums" and "uhs". Right about mid-point he morphs into this halfway Scottish brogue he mimics from listening to his folks. It is hilarious.

Everytime Dean says "so pumped" with his Scottish accent, it cracks me up.

i think it was last year, i knew it was water in the cans for sure when i saw villapoto pouring it on his head in the back ground and ofcourse it was clear... lol

They should set'em up with water in them cans for a few weeks and then switch it out with real Monster. Now that would be funny.

• Like 3

You guys ever taste that nasty garbage? Monster is the worst crap. I wouldnt drink it either. But ya, they could at least put water in them so it doesn't look so fake.

Dude, it is water. You don't think for a minute those guys actually drink that stuff for real do ya? Even before or after an event. That stuff is hell on your bod. For Joe sixpack that needs a boost to get thru the day after a night on the town, it works ok, the crash afterwards is murder. Their trainers would give them serious crap for drinking that junk!

water in the cans would be fine. i know they don't drink the stuff. but rv needs to look at his interview and see that he does the ole napoleon dynamite swig but the can is empty. just looks dumb! i mean they have how many people there??? no one can put some water in the can? or just do like js does and get a logo covered water bottle and drink for that. just look dumb is all.

not crying or complaining in anyway. if thats what he wants to do more power to them. i was wondering if anyone else noticed. if you don't like the post stay out of it! simple! if you want to disguise it feel free to, but add to it or give your opinion. unlike the spoiler complaint that is in the rules! TROLLS!

They may drink the products but it doesn't mean they are drinking it up there, advertising for the sponsors, probably some secret recovery drink.

They may drink the products but it doesn't mean they are drinking it up there, advertising for the sponsors, probably some secret recovery drink.

watch RV podium speech. reading the sponsors from pit board then swig of air... more sponsors.. another swig of air. its almost like he is contracted to take x drinks of it and was trying to make a quota. only problem was its an empty can!!!!!! just put water in there or stop having him drink it. we aren't dumb and think he actually drinks it anyways... so why not just get a water bottle with the logo and drink water (like we know he is after a race anyways) it just makes them look dumb!

If i was getting paid that kind of money from my sponser I would gladly take giant drinks of air.

• Like 2

All of them are water. If you look very closely you cna see the can says "Monster Water" on it so they don't confuse the two. One of the mags, I think MXA, ran a picture of one of the cans a while back as well. As far as drinking on the podium, it's no worse than throwing on a new set of goggles around the neck and a new hat as you head to the podium. It's what pays their bills.

anyone else get annoyed with the fake drinking they do? at least js7 will bring up a red bull water bottle. rv did this like 4 or 5 times during the interview and then as they finnish someone comes up and gets the empty can from him. reed doesn't drink but just holds up the muscle milk.

if your going to have a rider hold your stuff and demand them drink it.. tell them to drink something! water or something cause you can tell they don't! we have hd now! it just looks dumb and tells us they don't drink your product they just take your money! just saying!

water in the cans would be fine. i know they don't drink the stuff. but rv needs to look at his interview and see that he does the ole napoleon dynamite swig but the can is empty. just looks dumb! i mean they have how many people there??? no one can put some water in the can? or just do like js does and get a logo covered water bottle and drink for that. just look dumb is all.

not crying or complaining in anyway. if thats what he wants to do more power to them. i was wondering if anyone else noticed. if you don't like the post stay out of it! simple! if you want to disguise it feel free to, but add to it or give your opinion. unlike the spoiler complaint that is in the rules! TROLLS!

First of all it doesn't bother me. I could care less what these riders do. Years ago it was Camel who sponsored supercross and now with all the big 4 manufacturers hurting, we are lucky to have any supercross at all. so props to Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull for sponsoring these riders and the whole sport of SX.

To the original poster: you asked all of us collectively a question (if we get annoyed with the fake drinking) and then when you get a response you dont agree with you tell us to stay out of the post and call us TROLLS! Wow.