Sign in to follow this  

Supercross fake drinking on podium?

Was afraid to come on TT until after I watched the race. Now I'm sorry I did

If Monster paid me the money the are paying Poto I would be happy to fake sip some of their poison. Same with RedBull and Muscle Milk

First of all it doesn't bother me. I could care less what these riders do. Years ago it was Camel who sponsored supercross and now with all the big 4 manufacturers hurting, we are lucky to have any supercross at all. so props to Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull for sponsoring these riders and the whole sport of SX.

To the original poster: you asked all of us collectively a question (if we get annoyed with the fake drinking) and then when you get a response you dont agree with you tell us to stay out of the post and call us TROLLS! Wow.

your missing the point.. i love having rockstar, monster, muscle milk or whatever sponsor there! i wish we had more than we do... I'm saying if its in the contract that they have to drink the stuff on the podium ... put something in there to drink! I'm not criticizing the sponsors. i personally like monster and the taste of it. its the fake drinking that bothers me. hints the reason i posted this to see if it bothers anyone else.

you in titled to your opinion and voice it. i could care less. i called a couple of people a troll not because of what there thoughts on my post were... the fact that they were trolling and gave nothing to this post! hints the reason i said just reminded them that the rules do state no trolling and to debate the topic! (unlike the spoiler crap!) if you are trolling then yes i was talking to you.. you gave your opinion so it wasn't aimed at you! better?

meyer... too bad you didn't take longer to watch the race. you didn't have to click on this thread. glad you did cause you really contributed! great job!

Tdoshi9, I have noticed that you are very confrontational when it comes to debating pro racing. Please go back and read some of your responses to people. You argue and disagree when somebody has a different opinion. You interject your 2cents on about every topic and get very defensive when your opinion is not agreed with. If somebody says something about Stewart, you attack them. If somebody has an opinion that weimers pass on sipes was dirty, you will talk down to them and belittle them when they don't agree with you. Maybe you should give the pro racing forums a break because you seem to get too fired up over an internet forum. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Tdoshi9, I have noticed that you are very confrontational when it comes to debating pro racing. Please go back and read some of your responses to people. You argue and disagree when somebody has a different opinion. You interject your 2cents on about every topic and get very defensive when your opinion is not agreed with. If somebody says something about Stewart, you attack them. If somebody has an opinion that weimers pass on sipes was dirty, you will talk down to them and belittle them when they don't agree with you. Maybe you should give the pro racing forums a break because you seem to get too fired up over an internet forum. Just my 2 cents.

then stay off the forum... this is what is called discussion! like i said if you think i was talking about you then take it that way.. there were troll comments i responded too... i could care less how you feel about me so keep it in pm or ignore me! the weimer pass being dirty talk is in a diff post go there to discuss it! but since you want to try and call me out on it.. it wasn't dirty and i voiced my opinion... gave the reasons why i think so! isn't that what we do here? i don't attack anyone nor do i expect everyone to agree with my statements all the time.. we are all diff people and from diff places with diff favorite riders! i respond on topic.... i guess thats more than some though huh?

i think it was last year, i knew it was water in the cans for sure when i saw villapoto pouring it on his head in the back ground and ofcourse it was clear... lol

there was also a picture of christoff's mechanic pouring monster down his pants before a race... can't find it now.. FUNNY stuff! Edited by tdoshi9
  • Like 1

anyone else get annoyed with the fake drinking they do? at least js7 will bring up a red bull water bottle. rv did this like 4 or 5 times during the interview and then as they finnish someone comes up and gets the empty can from him. reed doesn't drink but just holds up the muscle milk.

if your going to have a rider hold your stuff and demand them drink it.. tell them to drink something! water or something cause you can tell they don't! we have hd now! it just looks dumb and tells us they don't drink your product they just take your money! just saying!

Seriously? That's really important enough to you to get all worked up about? Why do you even care if they "really" drink out of the containers or not?

:smirk:

Seriously? That's really important enough to you to get all worked up about? Why do you even care if they "really" drink out of the containers or not?

:smirk:

worked up? i noticed it... i commented about it and asked if anyone else noticed it. and how it could be diff or better so it wasn't as noticeable... but ok i guess I'm worked up.. HAHA

i think it was last year, i knew it was water in the cans for sure when i saw villapoto pouring it on his head in the back ground and ofcourse it was clear... lol

It is called "event water". Says it right on the can, not that I care what they are drinking.

It is called "event water". Says it right on the can, not that I care what they are drinking.

i have seen that several times and thats not what I'm talking about... watch he podium speeches again... mainly just rv... he deff doesn't drink anything and it just really looks bad ( you would think from a sponsor's stand point if they are saying you HAVE to drink on the podium... you would think they would want you to drink something! ) right?

your missing the point..

. i could care less.

i called a couple of people a troll not because of what there thoughts on my post were... the fact that they were trolling and gave nothing to this post! hints the reason i said just reminded them that the rules do state no trolling and to debate the topic! (unlike the spoiler crap!).

if you are trolling then yes i was talking to you.. you gave your opinion so it wasn't aimed at you! better?

meyer... too bad you didn't take longer to watch the race. you didn't have to click on this thread. glad you did cause you really contributed! great job!

then stay off the forum...

this is what is called discussion!

like i said if you think i was talking about you then take it that way..

there were troll comments i responded too..

. i could care less how you feel about me so keep it in pm or ignore me!

the weimer pass being dirty talk is in a diff post go there to discuss it!

Those are just quotes from you from this one page alone. There is an awful lot of exclamation points used to get your opinion across to those who dont agree with you. Like i said, you are very confrontational. Please, just go back and re-read some of your comments to people, they are rude and condescending. Its hard to have an intelligent discussion about somebody who can never see the other side of the coin.

Those are just quotes from you from this one page alone. There is an awful lot of exclamation points used to get your opinion across to those who dont agree with you. Like i said, you are very confrontational. Please, just go back and re-read some of your comments to people, they are rude and condescending. Its hard to have an intelligent discussion about somebody who can never see the other side of the coin.

don't need to re-read any comment i made in response to you trying to call me out! i am not confrontational at all. i say i don't agree with things?... yes.. do i sugar coat things.. no! do i use exclamation points? !!!!!! yes!!!! am i the one that is taking offense to things? NO!!!! so who is being confrontational?

move on! talk on topic and leave me alone! if you don't like what i say ignore me... otherwise i will not respond to you. i have pm'd you if you would like to talk there feel free to!

Edited by tdoshi9

You guys ever taste that nasty garbage? Monster is the worst crap. I wouldnt drink it either. But ya, they could at least put water in them so it doesn't look so fake.

I like Monster, especially the ones with juice in them. However I also like not dying when I go ride so I keep the Monster consumption to minimum (maybe one or two per month). The purple one is awful though.

You guys ever taste that nasty garbage? Monster is the worst crap. I wouldnt drink it either. But ya, they could at least put water in them so it doesn't look so fake.

I tried Redbull when it first came out and that was it for me and these so called "energy drinks". It made me feel like shit and wigged me out a bit. I've got a couple of buddies that pretty much drink these things non stop. I don't know if you can be addicted to these drinks but they sure seem to jones for them all of the time. I wonder if there has been any real studies done on what these drinks do to your kidneys and other organs like the heart? Can't be good but as long as people keep drinking them we'll continue to have great sponsorship money being put forth for SX/MX racing.

First of all it doesn't bother me. I could care less what these riders do. Years ago it was Camel who sponsored supercross and now with all the big 4 manufacturers hurting, we are lucky to have any supercross at all. so props to Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull for sponsoring these riders and the whole sport of SX.

To the original poster: you asked all of us collectively a question (if we get annoyed with the fake drinking) and then when you get a response you dont agree with you tell us to stay out of the post and call us TROLLS! Wow.

This is why you do like I did and put this Tdoshi character on your ignore list. Only time I see his posts is when somebody quotes him. In the case which you did, it reminds me why he's on that list. LOL

• Like 1

I tried Redbull when it first came out and that was it for me and these so called "energy drinks". It made me feel like shit and wigged me out a bit. I've got a couple of buddies that pretty much drink these things non stop. I don't know if you can be addicted to these drinks but they sure seem to jones for them all of the time. I wonder if there has been any real studies done on what these drinks do to your kidneys and other organs like the heart? Can't be good but as long as people keep drinking them we'll continue to have great sponsorship money being put forth for SX/MX racing.

You've got to read the ingredients if you haven't already. The biggest thing to "wig you out" in most of them is enough caffeine to power an ocean liner. Other than that, alot of them are better for you than a soda. Rockstar Recovery, (the fruit flavored ones,) among a few others can actually be good for you if you have a tolerance for caffeine. Lots of vitamins, just a gram or two of sugar, herbs, some fruit juice and ascorbic acid, just high on the caffeine.

BUT! Some of these things are a bit extreme in the sugar and even sodium in a few. Then if you compare that to 60-120 calorie per serving sodas which also include smaller but still large amounts of caffeine, high fructose corn syrup, no herbs or vitamins to speak of, and even MSG in some of them, the energy drinks as a whole are a much healthier alternative.

So if this is worth 2 cents, you can use paypal.

Edited by hyper7driver

As long as MX/SX requires riders to stand up there and act like drones checking off mental lists of who to mention like drones checking off mental lists of who to thank and mention, they will sound and look and act like drones checking off mental lists of who to thank and mention and the sport will remain one noted for having stars that stand there and and act like drones checking off mental lists of who to thank and mention.

We fans love the sport for all it takes to ride at that level, the athleticism, skill, talent, stamina, courage, commitment and determination and wonder why the sport isn't bigger given it is perhaps the most challenging and difficult sport there is in addition to the danger. One of the reasons is that while anyone who rides and watches is excited as all hell and can barely sit still as guys go blitzing the whoops and are on the jagged edge of disaster and we can see it and feel it know just how on the edge these guys are, how awesome it is to make a save coming out of a hard pack turn only to straighten it out just in time to make that triple or even just how stunning it is when 20 bikes make it through the first turn without total disaster, just how much it takes, what we are watching, the rest of the world who don't ride get...

"So, what was it like out there today Bubba Dean Paychzeck?" "Well, I'd like to thank Monster EnergyProCircuitGearmeTroyLeeOakleyRockstarMakitaTrekLeattmymymechanicBob *deep breathe* everyone

atThorGeicoHondaAmsOilmymomanddadandmygirlfriendBeckyandourlabradoodleFluffy. It was a good race. Everyone worked hard."

The sport, like any, has to have sponsors. I mean, I get that. The thing is, the guys and their bikes and the tuff blocks and any and everything and everything else but the dirt is plastered with who the sponsors are. It's not going to draw audience having the riders repeat the obvious. The riders are going to draw more audience. The racing is going to draw more audience.

If you let 'em.

What other major sport has their stars stand there and ramble off sponsors names?

I normally change the channel before the podium speeches begin. But I did end up watching them last night, and what got me was all of them had on oversized ball caps and had their ears tucked inside the caps. Not bitching. Just found it kinda odd.