Sign in to follow this  

Supercross fake drinking on podium?

You've got to read the ingredients if you haven't already. The biggest thing to "wig you out" in most of them is enough caffeine to power an ocean liner. Other than that, alot of them are better for you than a soda. Rockstar Recovery, (the fruit flavored ones,) among a few others can actually be good for you if you have a tolerance for caffeine. Lots of vitamins, just a gram or two of sugar, herbs, some fruit juice and ascorbic acid, just high on the caffeine.

BUT! Some of these things are a bit extreme in the sugar and even sodium in a few. Then if you compare that to 60-120 calorie per serving sodas which also include smaller but still large amounts of caffeine, high fructose corn syrup, no herbs or vitamins to speak of, and even MSG in some of them, the energy drinks as a whole are a much healthier alternative.

So if this is worth 2 cents, you can use paypal.

Im not sure what study it was but I saw something a while back about red bull and it thickening your blood. They claimes that one of the ingredients is banned in european countries so it is a different set of ingredients over there. Not sure how true it is but I drink red bull if im working two days straight and it works to get me through the 2nd day.

You've got to read the ingredients if you haven't already. The biggest thing to "wig you out" in most of them is enough caffeine to power an ocean liner. Other than that, alot of them are better for you than a soda. Rockstar Recovery, (the fruit flavored ones,) among a few others can actually be good for you if you have a tolerance for caffeine. Lots of vitamins, just a gram or two of sugar, herbs, some fruit juice and ascorbic acid, just high on the caffeine.

BUT! Some of these things are a bit extreme in the sugar and even sodium in a few. Then if you compare that to 60-120 calorie per serving sodas which also include smaller but still large amounts of caffeine, high fructose corn syrup, no herbs or vitamins to speak of, and even MSG in some of them, the energy drinks as a whole are a much healthier alternative.

So if this is worth 2 cents, you can use paypal.

Sorry man, you came up 2 cents less than I had figured in the worth of your post lol. JK!!

Not to try sounding goodie-goodie or obtuse, we are a family of no-soda/ minimum fast food (in most cases on the fast food anyway), we drink organic coffee & milk, water is our favorite beverage at the dinner table and we try to instill a banana & apple into our kids diet every day. With that said my weaknesses are my cup of morning coffee (no sugar), greasy-fried bacon and Marie Calendars Keylime pie (I'll eat the whole damn pie in one sitting if no one takes it away from me) but it worries me about how big of a hold these energy drinks have taken over our youth of today. One of my bud's that is seemingly hooked on these jacked-up sugary liquid nitrous for human drinks likes to talk with his 9yo son about the different brands out there they try.

We went riding and they both came out of a store with these giant cans to where I ask him if he actually knew what he was letting his 9yo boy drink and he had that "oh these things are really good for you" response which I just had to laugh at. Again, I'm not looking down on these energy drinks but rather I'm just an observer from the outside wondering when did so many people need that much caffeine to get their day going and maintain their energy level?? I guess in the corporate manner it's really good for our sport that these drink companies put so much money into our sport but on a health level it seems like a really bad idea. There was a time when smoking cigarettes were supposed to be benefical to your health and help expand your lung compacity but that was later debunked by wicked terms called lung cancer & heart disease. just saying!! :smirk:

• Like 1

This is why you do like I did and put this Tdoshi character on your ignore list. Only time I see his posts is when somebody quotes him. In the case which you did, it reminds me why he's on that list. LOL

yet your in a thread that i created! good job! if you had me on ignore then why are you seeing that?

yet your in a thread that i created! good job! if you had me on ignore then why are you seeing that?

Get back on topic! LOL

• Like 1

not crying or complaining in anyway. if thats what he wants to do more power to them. i was wondering if anyone else noticed. if you don't like the post stay out of it! simple! if you want to disguise it feel free to, but add to it or give your opinion. unlike the spoiler complaint that is in the rules! TROLLS!

You're kidding right??? Mr. Pot...can I introduce you to Mr. Kettle?

It is called "event water". Says it right on the can, not that I care what they are drinking.

ya i could care less , it obvious that monster is the last damn thing you wanna pour down your throat after a main event.. id doubt there trainers really want them drinking that over caffeinated garbage as well, o well im just glad that someone is investing in the sport we all love, could care less honestly :smirk:

Be cool if Gatorade would get in the sport,

Yeah, you never really hear or see anything in the media about Gatorade anymore? I used to drink that stuff a lot until I worked at a shop owned by one of the NASCAR offical guys and when I ask why he had a crazy amount of concentrate Gatorade stacked almost to the ceiling in his shop to where he kindly poured some of the concentrate powder onto his concrete floor, sprayed a little water on it, used a mop to rub it in and then sprayed it off with water to expose the cleanest concrete floor you could imagine in a rebuild shop. I never really drank much after that but did scarf a few cases to wash my own shop floor lol.

Be cool if Gatorade would get in the sport,

I saw the CytoMax logo on someone's jersey but can't recall who at the moment. Given the physical demands of MX/SX/Enduro racing you'd wonder why more of the fitness-oriented beverages, energy gels, bars and recovery drinks aren't more prominent at the race scene. Maybe b/c there's still a significant portion of fan population who ride but don't train that much, at least to the level of nutritional supplimentation??? :smirk: Maybe I'll put some HammerGel stickers on my ride and see if anyone recognizes them. :bonk:

• Like 1

I think all the things these guys do on the podiums is stupid. it became a fad to wear a flatbill hat. It then became industry norm to wear one and tuck your ears on the podium. Then the goggles. What's with the goggles? I have never placed my goggles around my neck after a moto.

Broc Tickle's beef jerky fiasco a few years ago for DNA shred Sticks. haha.

Ryan Villapoto is sponsored by Falken tires. Falken tires does not make dirt bike tires. He thanks Dunlop for hooking up on the track.

How about these boys say thanks or soemthing when the interview is over? Erin finishes up and the dude just kind of looks at the camera like a moron and trails off.

Perhaps these boys, with all their riding, have neglected their schoolwork, as we seen with Ricky ticky taffy.

I am not mad, btw.

I think the best guys on the podium are

Reed

Windham

Wilson

Barcia

Everyone else is so worried about what they say. I think someone should track down J-Law and give him Erin's job. That would be entertaining

• Like 1

Reed

Windham

Wilson

Barcia

I agree that these guys are more relaxed and " human like' on the podium compared to others. I also like to hear Marvin Musquin because you can tell the guy is totally stoked to be there.

Barcia is hilarious because he is usually talking so fast you can't tell what the hell he is saying but he's really motivated to get it off of his chest lol.

Edited by BBA

anyone else get annoyed with the fake drinking they do? at least js7 will bring up a red bull water bottle. rv did this like 4 or 5 times during the interview and then as they finnish someone comes up and gets the empty can from him. reed doesn't drink but just holds up the muscle milk.

if your going to have a rider hold your stuff and demand them drink it.. tell them to drink something! water or something cause you can tell they don't! we have hd now! it just looks dumb and tells us they don't drink your product they just take your money! just saying!

Its called product placement. They get paid to do that. I am amazed that it would bug someone that they do that. I am much more bothered by all the advertisements in between the racing but again someone has to pay the bills.

Its called product placement. They get paid to do that. I am amazed that it would bug someone that they do that. I am much more bothered by all the advertisements in between the racing but again someone has to pay the bills.

you might want to read all of this instead of just the first post. i get that! I'm ok with them drinking it or water. it was the drinking air that made them look dumb.

maybe somebody forgot to get the one with water in it so thay had to just pour out the poison and hand him a empty can and he just faked it because he didnt know what else to do

I understand why they do it but, it is somewhat irritating (the utter fake-ness of it). Especially Poto...He's the fakest of 'em all!

Im sure he doesn't want to do it , so blame his sponsor for making him , he is a great racer not so good of an actor

Edited by DH367

Reed

Windham

Wilson

Barcia

Right on! I even told Reed that I liked listening to his podium interviews...He said something like, yeah....better than somebody just reading off a board huh? I mean, Reed tells ya stuff. Gives you a little insight. So does Kdub and a few of the others.

Baggett used to drive me nuts rattling off a bunch of crap as fast as he could.

On the water thing with RV2, I didn't notice it at the time but ya know, it could simply be that he is thirsty and the can is empty!

Just my $.02....now...lets see if I get harpooned....

Edited by dmac1

Right on! I even told Reed that I liked listening to his podium interviews...He said something like, yeah....better than somebody just reading off a board huh? I mean, Reed tells ya stuff. Gives you a little insight. So does Kdub and a few of the others.

Baggett used to drive me nuts rattling off a bunch of crap as fast as he could.

On the water thing with RV2, I didn't notice it at the time but ya know, it could simply be that he is thirsty and the can is empty!

Just my $.02....now...lets see if I get harpooned....

Just like when you run out of mountain dew and tilt the can wanting that 1 last drop.lol I actually do that!!