Sign in to follow this  

Supercross "Stewart Down!"

He sure is consistently inconsistent. :bonk:

We will have one set of posts :lol:

and another :smirk:

This is purely just an observation. So let the flaming start. James has always been outta control fast. But I think this new yamaha is kinda like the 97/98 cr250's way to rigid. I think Iheard it referred to once as riding a pair of 2x4's. With the old style yamaha james still crased alot but looked in alot more control. He was able to bring it back sometimes. This new design when he gets outta shape he's on the ground fast.

He will go down in history as the guy that crashed the most not the guy that won the most races.

You have to admit he is the best at crashing. He always seems to land on a tough block. Otherwise that guy would be so beat up he would not be able to throw a leg over a bike.

You have to admit he is the best at crashing. He always seems to land on a tough block. Otherwise that guy would be so beat up he would not be able to throw a leg over a bike.

IMO the other fast guys have figured out the set up he was using for the whoops that made him faster there and now he needs to ride even more over his head. :smirk:

Crash, crash ,crash , win, crash, crash,,one more crash then he will win,, consistent.

Edited by ncc

This is purely just an observation. So let the flaming start. James has always been outta control fast. But I think this new yamaha is kinda like the 97/98 cr250's way to rigid. I think Iheard it referred to once as riding a pair of 2x4's. With the old style yamaha james still crased alot but looked in alot more control. He was able to bring it back sometimes. This new design when he gets outta shape he's on the ground fast.

It's not the bike.... Quit making excuses.

• Like 1

From what I saw, he was clearly the fastest of anyone through that whoop section. Most of his passes in the main and the heat race was right there. He obviously had a great line through there on the far outside edge, but not one that came without some added risk. It looked like he just got too close to the blocks and clipped one. He was pretty much going straight as an arrow when it happened. Bike? I don't think so. Seems like he has had more concentration problems this year than anything else.

I agree he always seems to lose concentration. Although I am not a big fan he did look a little more poised trying to work his way back up to the front after his crappy start.

didn't windam go down in the same spot?

Yes, but that's not the point here.

What is truly pathetic is everyone jumps on here to "bitch" about Stewart. No one talks about the battle between RV and CR today (or yesterday). I thought that was some damn good racing.

• Like 3

Congrats to James for being the most famous guy in supercross. How else does a guy who finishes 15th get this type of attention?

A lot of people are always on his nuts. Some like to kick him in the nuts, some like to massage his nuts... I'm beginning to think the lovers and haters are cut from the same cloth.

There was some good riding by RV and Chad the last couple of laps. Then there's the question of lapped riders. I thought both JAlessi and Goerke(?) could have moved over a bit and let rv2 and cr22 go buy.

What about Tomac. Poof.... lead gone!

Edited by mauricedorris

Yes, but that's not the point here.

What is truly pathetic is everyone jumps on here to "bitch" about Stewart. No one talks about the battle between RV and CR today (or yesterday). I thought that was some damn good racing.

That would be a different thread sparky. Once I learned how to post on more than one thread at a time...? It was like an awakening.

What about Tomac. Poof.... lead gone!

Unreal... Amazing how fortunes can change just in one race or lap for that matter. The "lites" class just got a whole lot more interesting. :smirk:

Here is my take of the race (San Diego):

Stewart as usuall makes mistakes by making bad decisions. Sure he had a great line there in the whoops but the first thought I got when watching him go thru em was " this is were James will go down this night" and it only took a few laps and my prediction was spot on. I wish Stewart could just be a little more smart. And the bike has nothing to do with it ! didn´t you guys see how James pass Dungey in that whoop section ? Stewart was as straight as he could be , Dungey was all over the place on that orange thing !

Props to Dungey thou ! Finally he showed some agression passing wiemer and taking him out,

Sadly that was one of the few things that was exciting about this race....the most of it was pretty boring, in fact the most boring race of the season. The last 2 laps where good but not much do write home about.

I orderd my tickets for the final AMA SX race in Las Vegas a couple of days ago. Really exited about going to my first AMA sx race. But I feel worried that Stewart probably won´t be in the series when it reaches Las Vegas. He had so much luck already, I will be amazed if he gets thru the season without getting broken bones !

IMO the other fast guys have figured out the set up he was using for the whoops that made him faster there and now he needs to ride even more over his head. :smirk:

I agree

The whoops use to be where he made up time but that ain't the case anymore. But he has always tossed it away on technical sections even when he was on green

From what I saw, he was clearly the fastest of anyone through that whoop section. Most of his passes in the main and the heat race was right there. He obviously had a great line through there on the far outside edge, but not one that came without some added risk. It looked like he just got too close to the blocks and clipped one. He was pretty much going straight as an arrow when it happened. Bike? I don't think so. Seems like he has had more concentration problems this year than anything else.

he is usually the fastest right up to the point he hits the eject button lol. the rest have figured out that doesn't pay too well