Sign in to follow this  

NewYork Any long islanders on here

Im from Long Island, joined Club MX in Ronkonkoma, looking forward to starting to ride and hope to do some racing at the end of the year or next year.

So where do you ride, race, any other good places but Club MX?

We ride and race at LIMX. Besides them, Club MX is about the only other place on LI to ride MX legally. There is a practice facility out in Riverhead, but the town board has been giving them a hard time about opening.

We may expand our horizons with the Xtreme series and check out Walden and Diamondback this year too.

Edited by DirtDad3

Shoulda spent your $ at LIMX , track is way better and maintained very very well ..... But you can always pay per day at LIMX

Club Mx was having a good sale for a season pass, its my first year actually riding a lot so i wanted more of a low key non race track to learn from but plan on getting into racing after a year. Is 39 to old to start, i just wanna go out and have some fun? Im sure we will check out LIMX as well. My little guy who is 7 is just getting into it also, he has been racing karts and driving his quad and bikes in the yard but never on a track. They have a small track there for him to also learn on before he attacks a big track.

Does LIMX have a good kids program for beginners and also a low key adult class. I have to get to work the next day.

IMO, LIMX is better/safer because there is always someone there and they usually break the kids and big bikes into separate sessions. I don't like riding with the kids because it would really suck to crash and hurt them, but more importantly, it's very embarrassing getting passed and roosted by a kid :bonk:

I'll be there tomorrow....

Yeah, good ride :bonk:... except for the hurricane winds. If the weather keeps up, they should be open every weekend from here on out and I never got a chance to do my winter maintenance :lol:

Yeah, good ride :bonk:... except for the hurricane winds. If the weather keeps up, they should be open every weekend from here on out and I never got a chance to do my winter maintenance :lol:

And the first weekend I have off..... heavy rain, high winds. :lol:

I am definately going to have to step up my game if I plan on "showing you a wheel" on the track! :lol: