Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Badgering Out Riders?

Is anyone else annoyed with Erin Bates badgering the wrecked out and mechanical failed riders? Oh you just really hurt yourself. What happened? How frustrated are you? Are you mad? You have to think that they would stomp off if their sponsors wouldn't get mad. Bad PR and so forth.

• Like 1

She was so stupid when she was asking Tomac what happened, if she would have been listening to him instead of her self she would have heard him say, he could not hear her as he has his ear plugs in! Then she ask him another question,,, If she paid attention all his career she would know he wears ear plugs. I guess when he retires he still wants to have some ability to hear.

• Like 2

Erin does not do this on her own. She is getting instructions from the producers in the box to get something out of him. Now what she ask may be her own doing but it's when she gets the messege through those corny looking headphones to ask it is when she is only following directions. ET could have told her to go pound sand but did a good job of keeping his composure.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure she hates doing this just as much as we hate seeing it. There needs to be a way for us to get to the producers and tell them to GTFO AND STFU and stop badgering riders in the middle of a race when something bad just happened to them. Give them time to clear their head and stuff.

• Like 1

If more riders could mangle Anglais like Christophe Pourcel, she would leave 'em alone.

I am sure she is getting instructions from the box, but she could do a better job of asking realistic questions and actually LISTENING to the riders responses!!! I too have to give Tomac credit for not blowing up at her. Aren't those types of questions better suited for post race near the podium, not during the race while the guy is still sitting by the track?

• Like 2

I am sure she is getting instructions from the box, but she could do a better job of asking realistic questions and actually LISTENING to the riders responses!!! I too have to give Tomac credit for not blowing up at her. Aren't those types of questions better suited for post race near the podium, not during the race while the guy is still sitting by the track?

i totally agree! he was kicking the bike still as she walked up. i was like WOW.... i knew there would be something on here about it.

Tomac sure is very mature for his age. There he is crashed out, bike won't start, sore arm, seeing his point lead disappear.....and yet acted very professional when asked a question. Great job Eli!

• Like 1

Tomac sure is very mature for his age. There he is crashed out, bike won't start, sore arm, seeing his point lead disappear.....and yet acted very professional when asked a question. Great job Eli!

Can't fault his professionalism, but I don't like seeing him win. Go Deano and Musquin!

Erin does not do this on her own. She is getting instructions from the producers in the box to get something out of him. Now what she ask may be her own doing but it's when she gets the messege through those corny looking headphones to ask it is when she is only following directions. ET could have told her to go pound sand but did a good job of keeping his composure.

That's right. It has to stop. It hurts the production and makes it come off as a tabloid hack show "So, how did you feel when your house burned down and your puppy couldn't be saved?"
  • Like 1

Totally agree. My daughter and I were watching the race together and when Erin came over to ask Eli those idiotic questions, we both screamed at the TV, "GTF away from him Erin, you stupid @ss!!". It was a great father / daughter moment :smirk:

Edited by BLSJDS
  • Like 1

I don't mind praising his good behavior, too bad it's come to that though. It used to be about being human first, the game came second. Somewhere we abandoned that attitude and started accepting bad behavior...now we are surprised to see good behavior.

Edited by Slackkinhard

Totally agree. My daughter and I were watching the race together and when Erin came over to ask Eli those idiotic questions, we both screamed at the TV, "GTF away from him Erin, you stupid @ss!!". It was a great father / daughter moment :bonk:

Only in NY (ok, maybe NJ) could a great father and daughter moment involve dropping the F bomb at the TV! Sorry couldn't resist :smirk: I agree though that 'reporters' have to ask some tough but sometimes but they need to know when to back off. If I was sitting on the bike and that just happened and I saw her heading my way (with those gigantic headphones) I would have been giving her the wave off big time.

Only in NY (ok, maybe NJ) could a great father and daughter moment involve dropping the F bomb at the TV! Sorry couldn't resist :lol: I agree though that 'reporters' have to ask some tough but sometimes but they need to know when to back off. If I was sitting on the bike and that just happened and I saw her heading my way (with those gigantic headphones) I would have been giving her the wave off big time.

:smirk::bonk: No doubt. I give Eli a lot of credit for not cursing up a storm at her.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was cursing at Erin. haha

Edited by canammx1