Sign in to follow this  

New master cylinder kit and no brakes. NEED HELP

I have a 06 yz 250. I just rebuilt my back brake master cylinder and have been bleeding my brakes and still I am not able to get the caliper piston to move. Before I rebuilt them the brakes was just weak. How long should it take to bleed these things. I wouldnt think I have that much air in them. What should I do? Thanks

Depends on how youre bleeding them. Are you closing the bleed screw before letting off the brake lever? Try back bleeding, or pushing the fluid with a syringe thru the bleeder to push air out if the master. Could also be that your master has air in it. You should bleed that before installing the line.

Before line is hooked up, put thumb over the banjo hole, fill with fluid and pump brake. Lighten up thumb pressure until air/ fluid comes out.

You could pump the brake untill you are blue in the face and will never get any results unless you push down the lever then open the bleeder then close the bleeder then let off the lever and repete till bled. Or reverse bleed as mentioned.

i had the exact same problem and couldnt figure it out, until i pulled fluid through with a syringe. fixed the problem

Got a syringe and pulled the fluid out and problem was fixed. The brakes seem really firm now. Thanks for the help!